Tuesday, April 28, 2020

Xtra Mile and Xtra Cute #atozchallenge #inthelockdown


In The Lockdown - Going the Xtra mile and Xtra cute



Xtra cute - My daughter's puppy observing a cat with a mask
If you were ever in doubt about wearing a mask,
The cat has spoken!


For many years now I've been donating to the foodbank at the local supermarkets. I can't remember when I started but it was a long long time ago.

Each week I put in a can or two of baked beans or canned fruit or some cereal. It's not a lot about $5 a week.  At Easter and Christmas I add some chocolates or biscuits - a little bit more especially for the kids.

The last 5 weeks while in lockdown I've been ordering online so haven't had a chance to donate directly to the foodbank especially at Easter. 

I guess when you really desire something, it somehow shows up. On our morning breakfast show the foodbanks were appealing for donations so I found a way to donate online in the lockdown.

If all of us who can afford to spare a couple of dollars donates to our foodbanks, a lot of people will be fed. We should go the xtra mile, even a small xtra mile will help others.

Today I leave you with the Beatles song, Help, a song I grew up with. It just seemed relevant in the current situation all over the world. Many lives have changed because of the pandemic. So many who have lost jobs never would have imagined that some months ago. So wherever we can help, we should.  

And now m life has changed in oh so many ways
My independence seems to vanish in the haze
But every now and then I feel so insecure
I know that I just need you like I've never done before

Help me if you can, I'm feeling down
And I do appreciate you being 'round
Help me get my feet back on the ground
Won't you please, please help me?









#Besafe
#Bestrong
#Bekind
#Stayhome
#Weshallovercome



Warm Regards
Photobucket





Follow me on
My facebook page Suzy's Ilation
Bloglovin
Pinterest Suzy Que
Google+ Suzy Que
Instagram Suzy.Ila
YouTube SuzysIlation Suzy Que

6 comments:

  1. Along with cans and biscuits, I like to donate toothbrush and toothpaste, soap. Something I guess some may happy to have. Great post Suzy!
    X is for…

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well even a little bit goes a long way and I’m sure you’re happy that you. Oils continue your giving tradition in the lockdown. But that seems to be over for you so enjoy the freedom now !

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's so wonderful that you found a way to donate despite the lock dowm. Yes, we must go the extra mile and help and support those in need. More power to you and proud of you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is a cute photo. How kind of you to donate weekly.

    ReplyDelete
  5. As the good old saying goes: Little drops make a mighty ocean.
    Even a small contribution can make a huge difference.
    Glad to see you make those contributions.

    ReplyDelete
  6. In a time where many people are so busy worrying about and hoarding for themselves, it's so nice that there are people like you who care about others and do something to help. It's not just a can of beans, it's a gesture of kindness.

    Thank you for doing this!
    I'm so glad I met you ♥

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment so I know you visited.

However, any inappropriate comments will be removed.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Copyright Protection