Monday, April 27, 2020

Wealth and Windmills #atozchallenge #inthelockdown


In The Lockdown - What is the true Wealth and Windmill Watching

Windmills in the distance
I don't notice or observe them everyday
But in the lockdown it has been interesting to watch them turn
Somedays faster, somedays slower, somedays not at all.


"Health is wealth" is a quote we have often heard. And this pandemic has truly highlighted it.

What is wealth withouth health? Without health you cannot enjoy your wealth.

So take care of your health for it is truly the greatest wealth.

I have made some small changes while in the lockdown to improve my health.

Tea is now an immunity booster tea with ginger and basil. 

A few berries and celery added to smoothies. Berries I am told are also immunity boosters and celery helps to keep the blood pressure in check among other health benefits. 

Consistently exercising moderately has now become part of my daily routine.  I have found that even 15 minutes of moderate exercise everyday makes a difference.

And sunshine gives a positive boost. I spend a few minutes everyday outside in my garden soaking in the sun. Getting a dose of Vitamin D is also good for us and a change from indoors to outdoors is good for our mental health. 

Today I leave you with this song by Eric Clapton. Tears in Heaven was written and sung by him in memory of his 4 year old son who died in an accident.  It is a reminder of the grief of those left behind. 

Would you know my name
If I saw your in heaven?
Would it be the same
If I saw you in heaven?

Would you hold my hand
If I saw you in heaven?
Would you help me stand
If I saw you in heaven?

So stay healthy, stay home, save lives, stay safe, keep others safe.









#Besafe
#Bestrong
#Bekind
#Stayhome
#Weshallovercome


Warm Regards
Photobucket





Follow me on
My facebook page Suzy's Ilation
Bloglovin
Pinterest Suzy Que
Google+ Suzy Que
Instagram Suzy.Ila
YouTube SuzysIlation Suzy Que

8 comments:

  1. While you are so right with what you're saying, unfortunately I am not that great at following through. I love berries, but I try to limit my grocery shopping, so there's only so much perishable produce I get to take home. I always keep frozen veggies in the freezer, though - and actually go ahead and cook them, too!

    My W is about Swiss Watches:
    https://thethreegerbers.blogspot.com/2020/04/a-z-2020-switzerland-watches.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Indeed all the money in the world will not keep us alive.
    We are eating healthy; we just need to get on our walking paths more often.
    Water

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wise words, and good for you for making small changes that add up significantly. I've done some shifting with my eating as well, but my next task is to implement some additional movement. Sequestering is finding me more sedentary than is good for me. Love the photo of the windmills - I'm going to think of the image as a movement reminder.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wise words Suzy and still the world seems to be divided between those who have increased in wisdom during the lockdown and those who have learned nothing...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, health must be a priority for all of us. And consistent small changes and efforts make a big difference!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I saw so many windmills while I drove on the outskirts of Auckland in the last week of December. I was wondering how much power NZ generates from wind power.
    You are very right, Suzy, all the wealth is of no use, if we have no health. And this pandemic has aptly reminded us of that.
    Good post.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment so I know you visited.

However, any inappropriate comments will be removed.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Copyright Protection