Friday, April 10, 2020

A Tribute to ITALY #atozchallenge #inthelockdown


In The Lockdown - A Tribute to ITALY

Florence, taken on a trip to Italy many many years ago

Italy is one of my favourite countries in the world. I fell in love with it when I visited many many years ago.

There was such a hive of activity a buzz - such high energy. It is sad to see it now so deserted. But I admire their spirit that even in difficult times they find a way to acknowledge their essential services and each other. 

I also  have a dear friend who lives in Northern Italy where the pandemic is rampant. She and her family are well and safe but it is scary times for them as is for all of us. 

Italy to date has the highest number of deaths. This post is dedicated to them.

Today I share one of my favourite songs as a tribute to Italy. The words are perfect too. 

What a wonderful thing a sunny day
The serene air after a thunderstorm
- O Sole Mio

Italy and my dear friend, may you see that sunny day soon, may the thunderstorm pass and fade away, may the air be serene again. This is my prayer for you and for all of us.







#Besafe
#Bestrong
#Bekind
#Stayhome
#Weshallovercome


Warm Regards
Photobucket





Follow me on
My facebook page Suzy's Ilation
Bloglovin
Pinterest Suzy Que
Google+ Suzy Que
Instagram Suzy.Ila
YouTube SuzysIlation Suzy Que

7 comments:

  1. Dear Suzy, good to stop by after a long time. Italy is on my 'places to visit' and I like the place so much after reading/seeing pictures, etc. I hope they recover soon and get back to the former glory. Our positive thoughts and wishes for Italy.

    Hope you and yours are doing well.

    Best,
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  2. My favourite country too and my favourite song. Unlike Rome, I prefer Milan and Florence...and am planning to go there again once before I die ( that's a long way away for sure!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope your friend and her family stay safe. Italy has been hit by the pandemic in the worst way. Sending prayers and positive thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Our neighbours have been hard hit by the disease, and I hope they will not suffer of a second wave orsomething like that. We are watching them closely as we are one week behind for the Covid path

    ReplyDelete
  5. I started my AtoZ with an Italian singer Andrea Bocelli because Italy was weighing on my mind. O Sole Mio is one of my favorites. I have been on a short trip to Italy and had every intention of going on a longer holiday there when my kids grew up a bit.
    Here in India, we have been in lockdown past couple of weeks, and most have been at home from the beginning of March. There is a huge effort being made to contain the pandemic here but only time with tell.

    Visiting from namysaysso

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh yes, Italy has been the worst hit! Hope your friends stay safe and fine.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Italy was my first overseas trip and I fell in love. I hope to see it full of life again soon. The US now has more deaths. We've been in lockdown in Ohio longer than most here because we have a proactive and competent governor. Stay well.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment so I know you visited.

However, any inappropriate comments will be removed.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Copyright Protection