Tuesday, April 7, 2020

Fastest and Flowers #atozchallenge #inthelockdown


In The Lockdown - Survival of the Fastest and some Flowers to cheer us up.


I've been doing my grocery shopping online but trying to get a slot for delivery is like looking for a needle in a haystack. It seems like survival of the fastest!

Because both my mother and I are a high risk category we have now been approved for  priority shopping. Hopefully that will make it easier to find a slot next time.

I'm not really complaining, the supermarkets are doing a great job and I'm grateful that we can shop online with delivery otherwise it would've made shopping a little difficult for me. Also very appreciative of the delivery people and the supermarket staff who provide this service with a smile. Putting their lives on the line to help us can't be an easy thing to do. Their kindness is not unnoticed.

And now onto the flowers in my garden ...

It's Autumn here but yet some flowers are blooming. Just cheers me up when I take my daily stroll around my garden. The flowers make me feel hopeful that soon this pandemic will come under control and then end.

Today's song is from Glen Campbell, a reminder to be kind in difficult times.

You've got to try a little kindness
Show a little kindness
Just shine your light
For everyone to see

#BeKind





#Besafe
#Bestrong
#Stayhome
#Weshallovercome


Warm Regards
Photobucket





Follow me on
My facebook page Suzy's Ilation
Bloglovin
Pinterest Suzy Que
Google+ Suzy Que
Instagram Suzy.Ila
YouTube SuzysIlation Suzy Que

10 comments:

  1. It's ironic how your hi-risk category entitles you to be a priority shopper. I'm having trouble accessing my online grocery too. It seems every shop is full of back orders. But when did these people order them? Ive place orders almost two weeks ago and I still can't get to the check out.... Loved your dahlias. Are they in your garden?

    https://mumbaionahigh.com/2020/04/daily-prayers-and-the-sanskrit-effect.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes ironical. Priority is usually given to the rich and famous! Dahlias are from my garden.

      Delete
  2. In Kolkata, I've been trying to get a slot for 2 weeks but every time I get the message, please try later. Love the picture of the flowers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sonia. Everyone is trying to shop online I don't think supermarkets were ready for the online onslaught.

      Delete
  3. I live a short walk from 2 supermarkets and at last the queues have dwindled and the shelves are full again! Love the dahlias - it'd daffodil season here!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LUckily we have home delivery, though i wouldnt say its great. But something is better than nothng

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've been waiting to get a slot online for 2 weeks. Eventually I had to go out for a grocery run. But luckily the shops are all open and stocked. Hang in there. Stay safe, take care. I loved your Dahlias.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely flowers. I don't shop, my husband do. I haven’t left home in 3 weeks!
    F is for Free motion

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad that you will get your grocery items soon. In my area, there's only one online store that's delivering but the wait period is more than a week and half of the products are unavailable. Good to see that at least the flowers are not late in their blooming :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Kindness is much needed.
    Had walked to the nearest superstore and inquired about home delivery. Due to many orders, they said there'll be delay.
    Thus, going to the nearby shops and getting the needful.

    Which store did you contact?
    Stay home. Stay safe. Take care.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment so I know you visited.

However, any inappropriate comments will be removed.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Copyright Protection