Friday, April 24, 2020

Understanding and Using #atozchallenge #inthelockdown


In The Lockdown - Trying to Understand the pandemic and Using what's in the pantry


When there is no flour available and you run out of bread
Out comes the chappati flour!
I love chappatis but making them is another thing altogether. 
However, making them together with my mum was fun.


I believe that there is a reason for everything. So I tried to understand why we are going through this difficult time. Of course anything I say is highly speculative but nevertheless here are my thoughts ...

Earth is a living, breathing entity just like us. It does not really belong to us though we claim it to be ours. We are just travellers spending some time on Earth.

Perhaps we are being reminded of that and that we need to learn to live together in harmony with her and all of Nature. We are perhaps called to ensure that we treat Earth and Nature with the respect and care that they deserve.

Perhaps the virus is showing us how it feels to destroy Nature's habitats and is highlighting our apathy to the atrocities done to other living things. 

So while we are indoors, Nature and Earth are healing from the ravages inflicted on them by humans. 

I think we should find a way to live in harmony and cooperation with Nature. We should learn to preserve and not destroy. Isn't that what we do with our possessions? So let's honour the need for Mother Earth do the same.

Today I leave you with the Earth Song by Michael Jackson. A sad reminder of what we've done to our Earth. Not one of my favourites, but pertinent (all the more) at this time.


What about sunrise
What about rain
What about all the things
That you said we were to gain

What about killng fields
Is there a time
What ablut all the things
That you said was yours and mine

Did you ever stop to notice
All the blood we've shed before
Did you ever stop this notice
This crying Earth this weeping shore









#Besafe
#Bestrong
#Bekind
#Stayhome
#Weshallovercome


Warm Regards
Photobucket





Follow me on
My facebook page Suzy's Ilation
Bloglovin
Pinterest Suzy Que
Google+ Suzy Que
Instagram Suzy.Ila
YouTube SuzysIlation Suzy Que

7 comments:

  1. The present scenario does make one think about the fact if we are the viruses and if corona is just helping Mother Nature regain many attributes that she had lost due to us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I could make chappatis like that! A song for today.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Living in Bradford, I have had occasion to watch friends, Moslem and Sikh, making chapatis, I particularly liked the way that having cooked them on the griddle, they hold them over the naked gas flame to get those well-done bits...

    ReplyDelete
  4. This has indeed been a spectacularly nice spring this year. Less pollution is a good thing, and the effect began to show quickly, similar to a lung after the patient quit smoking.
    Love the Earth song. I miss Michael Jackson so badly.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That pile of chapatis seems to be made by a pro :)
    Agree with your thought, wish we learn the lesson and learn to live in harmony with the nature and earth!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree with you, Suzy, that there is reason for this extraordinary situation we are facing. We are just there on Earth, it doesn't belong to us. We have to respect Nature's laws. I guess the pandemic is one way of resetting the clock.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment so I know you visited.

However, any inappropriate comments will be removed.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Copyright Protection