Friday, April 17, 2020

Optimisim Pessimism or Somewhere In Between #atozchallenge #inthelockdown


In The Lockdown - Optimism, Pessimism or Somewhere In Between  and  Organic berries



I've been having organic berries in my smoothie everyday.These are frozen NZ berries.
Trying to eat healthy immunity boosters and trying to buy and support NZ made food and things.
NZ made are more expensive but I want to support the local economy.


I know we are going through a difficult time and the future looks uncertain But how should we view this?  Optimistically, pessimistically or somewhere in between?

I am a project manager and in my profession we hope for the best but prepare for the worst and I find that more often than not my project will land someshere between the middle to best case scenario. And in my view that's a good scenario.

Preparing for a worst case scenario does not mean we are pessimistic about the situation. But it does give us a sense of control over a difficult situation. And when we feel in control we tend to panic less.

So find a way to feel in conrol, keep your spirits high and be positive. "This too shall pass".

For those who have lost their loved ones, I acknowledge your grief and pain and the fact that for you keeping your spirits high and staying positive may not apply at the present time.

Today's song always reminds me that there is a way out of the darkness. It is a song of friendship and kindness, comfort, hope and encouragement. All the things we need today.

When you're weary, feeling small
When tears are in your eyes
I will dry them all
I'm on your side 
Oh when times get rough
And friends just can't be found
Like a bridge over troubled water
I will lay me down ...




One of my favourite songs by Simon and Garfunkel.



My AtoZ 2020 posts

#Besafe
#Bestrong
#Bekind
#Stayhome
#Weshallovercome


Warm Regards
Photobucket





Follow me on
My facebook page Suzy's Ilation
Bloglovin
Pinterest Suzy Que
Google+ Suzy Que
Instagram Suzy.Ila
YouTube SuzysIlation Suzy Que

6 comments:

  1. "And when we feel in control we tend to panic less."

    I agree with this 100%. And if you're prepared for the worst case scenario, then if the worst case scenario does happen, well... obviously you're prepared for that, and so it won't be quite so bad.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are also doing healthy smoothies from frozen fruits.
    It is a time to be strong and plan ahead agreed.
    Stay well!
    The Letter O

    ReplyDelete
  3. Every cloud has a silver lining, make sure you find it. A refreshingly uplifting piece Suzy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful post!

    I used to work for someone who kept telling me the same things:

    Be fair, but firm (or the other way round?)
    Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

    That song... It's so beautiful, but it makes me feel sad, even though I generally consider myself a positive person.

    Happy Friday!

    My O is for opening hours and customer service in Switzerland:
    https://thethreegerbers.blogspot.com/2020/04/a-z-2020-switzerland-opening-hours.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. True, when you think about worst case scenarios, you are better planned for contingencies and eliminate setbacks!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment so I know you visited.

However, any inappropriate comments will be removed.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Copyright Protection