Saturday, April 18, 2020

People and Preparing Tea #atozchallenge #inthelockdown


In The Lockdown - People and Preparing Tea

A daily dose of tea in the lockdown.
Adding ginger and basil as immunity boosters.


He aha te mea nui o te ao. He tāngata, he tāngata, he tāngata.

What is the most important thing in the world?  It is people, it is people, it is people.

~ Maori proverb. 


In our quest for fame, fortune and wealth at any cost, we have forgotton the most important thing in the world. People!

How did we forget that?  How did we become so insensitive to the plight of others? What gave us the right to think that one human being was better than another and deserves more?

The virus does not discriminate. It does not look at our bank balance, our status in society, the clothes we wear, the houses we live in, the food we eat.

It looks at us as the human race.

And so must we.

Today's song is a stark reminder of the apathy we show towards so many.  It's a reminder that people matter.

She calls out to the man on the street
"Sir, can you help me?
It's cold and I've nowhere to sleep
Is there somewhere you can tell me?"

He walks on, doesn't look back
He pretends he can't hear her
Starts to whistle as he crosses the street
Seems embarrassed to be there ...








#Besafe
#Bestrong
#Bekind
#Stayhome
#Weshallovercome


Warm Regards
Photobucket





Follow me on
My facebook page Suzy's Ilation
Bloglovin
Pinterest Suzy Que
Google+ Suzy Que
Instagram Suzy.Ila
YouTube SuzysIlation Suzy Que

6 comments:

  1. People caring for each others, I hope we will be like this when the lockdown will be over.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A very good point, here. And now people are sort of rediscovering each other and reach out to one another.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE Phil Collins. Did you know he lives in Switzerland?
    I don't think we forget about people. We frown upon those who don't follow the distancing rules, but we miss our friends and family. I work in HR, so dealing with and caring for people is what I do.

    My P is a potpourri of topics: pocket knives, parking, provisions, and Zurich's infamous Platzspitz.

    https://thethreegerbers.blogspot.com/2020/04/a-z-2020-switzerland-potpourri.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Reaching out - but not touching of course! The world will be a very different place when all this is over I'm sure.

    P is for ...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love that Maori proverb. So true it is. if only we realize and learn to value people, helo and support them, be kind and compassionate... it would be a wonderful world!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Excellent point!
    And I love tea. I've only ever had bag, not loose-leaf. I'd like to try it one day.

    I nominated you for a Blogging Liebster Award on my blog. I picked people who are on the #atozchallenge list.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment so I know you visited.

However, any inappropriate comments will be removed.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Copyright Protection