Monday, April 20, 2020

Quit India and Quick Easy Meal #atozchallenge #inthelockdown


In The Lockdown - Quit India (what's that got to do with the lockdown?) and a Quick Easy Meal

Quick and easy noodles on the days you feel lazy to cook a full meal 
Takes about 15 mins from start to finish.


Q is a difficult letter as is, but trying to find a q word or phrease that relates to the lockdown is even more difficult. So I was thinking about this a lot the last few days.

Then one morning I woke up with the words Quit India buzzing around in my head and I was thinking a lot about my dad.  So I guess Quit India it is for this post.

On the eve of Indian Independence in August 1947 one of India's greatest poet's Rabindranath Tagore wrote this beautiful poem. My dad and I would often recite it together while sipping our morning tea. 

Where the mind is without fear and the head is held high
Where knowledge is free
Where the world has not been broken up into fragments by narrow domestic walls
Where words come out from the depths of truth
Where tireless striving stretches its arms towards perfection
Where the clear stream of reason has not lost its way into the dreary desert sand of dead habit
Where the mind is led forward by Thee into ever widening thought and action
Into that heaven of freedom my Father,
Let my country awake.


I applaud all the frontline workers. The doctors and nurses and hospital workers who are working tirelessly to restore the ill back to health, the supermarket workers who are stocking shelves day and night so that there is no shortage of goods. 

I hope that we will leave behind our old habits that have ravaged our dear Earth and Nature.

And I look forward to the day when we no longer live in fear, when the world comes together instead of staying fragmented as we are now and when we awake to freedom from Covid.  

Eventually dad and Quit India tied in very nicely. The Universe is such an intelligent being. 

Today I leave you with this song called Dreams by Fleetwood Mac. Another one of my favourites.  It's a good time to reflect on the past - on what we had, on what we lost and on what we want to leave behind, on what we want to take forward, and on what we want to change. 

Now here you go again 
You say you want your freedom
Well, who am I to keep you down?
It's only right that you should 
Play the way you feel it
But listen carefully to the sound
Of your loneliness
Like a hearbeat drives you mad
In the stillness of remembering what you had
And what you lost ...







#Besafe
#Bestrong
#Bekind
#Stayhome
#Weshallovercome


Warm Regards
Photobucket





Follow me on
My facebook page Suzy's Ilation
Bloglovin
Pinterest Suzy Que
Google+ Suzy Que
Instagram Suzy.Ila
YouTube SuzysIlation Suzy Que

9 comments:

  1. In the United States, where I live, many are starting to protest the lockdown, wanting their "freedom". I fear that my country is going to become even more fragmented. As I have an in-law who is hospitalized with COVID-19, this has become very personal for me, and I can not imagine this future we will have.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Alana, I hope your relative has a speedy recovery. I watch the US news on TV and it is quite horrifying there. I have many relatives mostly in NY and California. It's quite scary what all of you are going through. Praying we will be free from this pandameic soon.

      Delete
    2. I hope and pray your in-law recovers fast.
      Indeed, the scene in the US is quite disconcerting.
      I can understand the protest for lifting the lockdown. They are all more worried about food on their plates than the virus. It's not too different from the protests migrants and poor people staged in India. The issue is the same whether it's in the US or India.
      The lack of consistency of the US administration in dealing with the emergency is equally worrying.

      Delete
  2. Our essential workers are indeed doing an incredible job, and sadly not all of them get the recognition they deserve. Doctors and nurses may get applause, but I experience sales people getting verbally abused. I always give them a smile and a thank you, and I have been doing so all the time, it's not a Corona thing.

    Quick and easy meals are much appreciated these days. Geez, do I have the family AGAIN? Haven't I just cooked a meal?

    Happy Monday!

    My Q is for Switzerland as a diverse, quadrilingual country.
    https://thethreegerbers.blogspot.com/2020/04/a-z-2020-switzerland-quadrilingual.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. We applaud the frontline workers too, doctors but also sales people, garbage collectors, carriers and all those without whom the country - and us - could not live.
    Q is for Quilting Longarm

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tagore's poem is inspiring. The whole world for once and in unison is applauding the work of doctors, nurses and other healthcare workers, whom we usually take for granted.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, the Universe works in mysterious ways! Love how you got inspired about Quit India and it worked so beautifully for this post. Yes, we must salute all the people who are risking their lives to make it better and comfortable for us. More power to them and may their tribe increase!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The thing that makes this Pandemic so hard is that we do not see the "frontline/2 as it is in the hospitals and I am glad that the media have managed to get "better" coverage of ICU's because it makes it real. I understand why some people, driven by their financial needs and unable to see anything but empty streets, want to get back to work - but we have to hold the line or all the effort and sacrifice will have been wasted.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can imagine how you tied up Quit India to the lockdown - you probably want the virus to Quit the World as we all do. I can see the maidan from where the movement was launched from my kitchen window and think of this day every time I put the dishes in the kitchen sink! And yes I remember all those days we stayed locked in and as you said we didn't mind it too much... \And thanks for the cover of Fleetwood Mac - We had the very same LP at home which my brother used to play endlessly and this brought back those memories too...

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment so I know you visited.

However, any inappropriate comments will be removed.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Copyright Protection