Thursday, July 28, 2011

Thursday Thoughts - Behave like water








The Warrior of the Light sometimes behaves like water, flowing around the obstacles he encounters.
Occasionally, resistance might mean destruction, and so he adapts to the circumstances. 
He accepts, without complaint, that stones in his path hinder his way through the mountains.
The river adapts itself to whatever route proves possible, but the river never forgets its one objective, the sea.
So fragile at its source, it gradually gathers the strength of the other rivers it encounters.
And after a certain point, it's power is absolute.
                                                                                                ~The Warrior of the Light, Paulo Coelho




I was a strong believer in permanent jobs, perhaps this was more out of fear of losing a job than belief.

I never ever considered contracting as it was too temporary and I guess the hassle of constant interviewing somehow didn't appeal.

Then redundancy hit me and it made me take a long hard look at myself and my beliefs.

I turned down 2 offers because they were contracts and I was too afraid to take that first step from permanent to contract.
But the only jobs available were contract positions and finally I was pretty much forced into taking up a contract.

I now realise that my misconceived beliefs or in other words my resistance to contracting was limiting the many possibilities and opportunities that were available.

Adapting to the circumstances has liberated me and the job market for me has grown hugely.

Behave like water, adapt and be flexible.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment so I know you visited.

However, any inappropriate comments will be removed.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Copyright Protection