Thursday, July 21, 2011

Thursday Thoughts - Act According to the Situation









The Warrior of the Light has dreams. 
His dreams carry him forward, but he never makes the mistake of thinking that the way is broad and the gate wide.
He knows that the Universe functions in the same way as alchemy.
Solve et coagula - Concentrate and disperse your energies according to the situation.
There are moments when one should act and moments when one should accept.
The Warrior knows how to distinguish between these moments.
                                                                                              ~The Warrior of the Light, Paulo Coelho


There are situations in our lives when we have the choice to walk away or fight.

We cannot fight every battle so over the years we learn to discern which ones we will concede and which ones we will pursue.

But how do we know what to choose?

There are a few techniques I use to make my choice:

  • Sometimes I know just by gut feel or by using my intuition. It's a very wise source and more often than not it's the right answer
  • I ask myself if losing this battle would be a problem. If the answer is no, then this a battle I can walk away from
  • I ask myself if I need to win this battle, if the answer is yes, then this is a battle I can consider fighting.

The same techniques can be used in situations where you need to act or accept.

These are not foolproof techniques but they are pretty good guidelines.

Fight the battles you need and want to win. Act when the outcome will benefit you or others.



2 comments:

Please leave a comment so I know you visited.

However, any inappropriate comments will be removed.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Copyright Protection