Saturday, April 15, 2017

Music is ... #atozchallenge letter M @AprilA2Z


My theme for the 2017 AtoZ Challenge is "Daily Thoughts".

Each day I will post a thought that comes to mind. The first word of the thought will correspond with the letter of the day.

So here is my thought for the letter M


taken at the Saturday Farmers market in Wellington


Music is a moral law
It gives soul to the Universe
Wings to the mind
Flight to imagination
Charm and gaiety to life
and to everything
~Plato~

I think Plato summed it up very nicely on a generic basis. On an individual basis, that is for myself, music connects me to my soul, to the Universe, to the great Spirit.

There are so many genres of music. On different days, in different moods the genre and type of music changes. Some days I like my Indian music, some days English and other days in foreign languages. Some days it's bollywood some days it's Gujarati songs. Some days I like devotional some days instrumental. Sometimes it's piano, sometimes the violin.

Whatever I choose on the day, music is sure to make me feel good.

M    meditative and mesmerising
U     universal and uplifting        
S     sublime and soul satisfying
    I      inspirational and illuminating
C     captivating and calming     


Today I feel like some instrumental piano so sharing Richard Clayderman's La Vie En Rose (one of my favourite songs).



And a Gujarati folk song Mehendi Te Vavi - very popular as a garba song. Garba is a traditional dance from Gujarat. Watch the audience dance some garba steps (approximately halfway through).

Shreya Ghoshal in Wellington NZ


Music means many different things to different people. What does it mean to you? Share in the comments below.

If you do leave a comment, make it easy for me and leave a link to your blog / post.

Teaser for the letter N: Now is ....

Written for the #atozchallenge drop by and check out some awesome posts.

My posts so far
All roads lead to your destiny               
Be like the river       
Change occurs at every moment
Do or do not                           
Expectation              
Find the Fun
Great Minds Think Alike
Help Comes
Inaction can
Journeys
Kite Flying
Live as if


Warm Regards
Photobucket




Follow me on
My facebook page Suzy's Ilation
Bloglovin
Pinterest Suzy Que
Google+ Suzy Que
Instagram Suzy.Ila

20 comments:

  1. That is a soothing melody for the morning. Music does have a way to change our mood, and always gets me to dance!

    Celebrating 'Women & their work' all April @NamySaysSo L for Lopsided Balance

    ReplyDelete
  2. La Vie En Rose is one of my all time favorites. So light, airy and romantic. Your acrostic is great!
    Perspectives at Life & Faith in Caneyhead

    ReplyDelete
  3. Music is a mood booster for sure. I listen to some upbeat dance music to beat the Monday blues! And some Jazz or instrumental music to unwind in the evening.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't start my day without music. It is so vital a part of my life. Are you Gujarati, Suzy? How come you listen to garba? I loved Shreya Ghoshal's performance here. Imagine a Bengali performing on a Gujarati number, so flawlessly! I have a huge collection of Garbas sung by local artists which are absolutely soulful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Music is a therapy for me! Yes, just like you the kind of music that I want to listen to everyday changes but then it has to be there!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Music is vital to my existence too Suzy. It's power is immense and it truly is a moral law.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Music definitely is a moral law. For me its vital to my existence and I can't imagine my life without it :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love how you've defined music, Suzy. My personal favorite is Sufi music, though I love loud Bollywood hits playing as I work out :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I don't understand what you mean by music is a moral law, but I love music. As you know, I am a headbanger, but I enjoy other forms of popular music. Music definitely helps me connect to myself, my thoughts and emotions, and to my God. Music just makes me feel better. I really enjoy thought provoking lyrics too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi DA - these are Plato's words so had to look up the meaning - a moral law is one that is Divinely ordained. So that now makes perfect sense.

      Delete
  10. Music has a way of changing our mood in a moment. (Hey! More Ms!) Thanks for sharing this. Happy Easter! M is for Marketing Methods as you Build a Better Blog. #AtoZchallenge.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the acronym you chose for music! Music is all of that..meditating, soothing..perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Music is the food for the soul. I love Bollywood and Jagjit Singh the most and also instrumental music.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I need music to play when I do chores! From contemporaries to Jagjit Singh... I can listen to all!

    Cheers
    BoisterousBee

    ReplyDelete
  14. Music is the universal language. ☺ It's the soundtrack of my life; my drug of choice. Life would be incredibly bleak without music. I have an intense emotional attachment to it and it gets me through everything.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I find it difficult to express my feelings in words. And songs do that for me. They give a voice to my feelings. Instrumental music (piano, saxophone, violin) helps me quiet my mind. I have a special playlist that I use when I have difficulty going to sleep.

    Btw, I'm lagging behind. (Was unwell.) Will post my 'L' and catch up with your 'L' next Sunday. In the meantime, DO visit my 'M'.

    Happy AtoZing!
    Chicky @ www.mysteriouskaddu.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Music seems to serve as the backdrop for life, doesn't it? Even a few notes of a song from the past can take us right back there.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love your interpretation of Music. For me it's seamless and can bring back memories associated to one place or soothing the soul:)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Yup music is therapy, music is food for the soul.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Music helps me to escape from all the worries all life..It just makes you swing along with the flow which is incredible and inconceivable

    Launching SIM Organics This April

    *Menaka Bharathi *

    *SimpleIndianMom*

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment so I know you visited.

However, any inappropriate comments will be removed.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Copyright Protection