Tuesday, April 4, 2017

Change Occurs ... #atozchallenge letter C

My theme for the 2017 AtoZ Challenge is "Daily Thoughts".

Each day I will post a thought that comes to mind. The first word of the thought will correspond with the letter of the day.

So here is my thought for the letter C

On board Air New Zealand


Change occurs at every moment, every second of your life.

We always think about change when something big occurs. And change is often linked to an event that shakes up our lives, something dramatic, sometimes catastrophic.

This morning as I sipped my tea and gazed out at the hills, suddenly the thought came to me that actually change occurs at every moment, every second. Every movement is a change, every thought is a change.

I thought I was living mindfully but today for the first time, I truly believe I was in that mindful moment, where every thought, every movement meant something to me. Each sip of the tea was different, each thought took me to another place, every moment the clouds changed, and as the sun dipped in and out of the clouds, the shadows or light on the hills changed.

And as I listen to the music now, each song, beat, word creates a change in my vibration. Soft, low, loud, slow, fast, rhythmic changes. Sometimes I sing along if I know the words, at other times I simply move to the beat and my fingers fly around on the keyboard to the rhythm and beat. And at other times I am so engrossed in my writing that the music fades into the background.


Change you sneaky devil
You always did exist
In every thought and movement
In an endless list

I thought you chose your moments
To make yourself known
Dropping in now and then
For many or me alone

But change you are constant
And that's okay with me
You make my life interesting
In a second, two or three.

~x~

Poems were not part of the deal this year, but looks like the poet in me wants to emerge (at least for now).

Share your thoughts on change in a post or in the comments below.

Teaser for the letter D :  Do or do not ...

Written for the #atozchallenge drop by and check out some awesome posts.

My posts so far
All roads lead to your destiny
Be like the river


Warm Regards
Photobucket




Follow me on
My facebook page Suzy's Ilation
Bloglovin
Pinterest Suzy Que
Google+ Suzy Que
Instagram Suzy.Ila

29 comments:

  1. It's​scary sometimes when things change drastically. But it is also this change which makes life interesting! Nice one Suzy :)


    Crushes

    ReplyDelete
  2. Change has always been a challenge for me but I'm coming to learn that it's what stops us stagnating - nobody wants to be in the same place doing the same thing for the rest of their lives.
    Leanne | cresting the hill

    ReplyDelete
  3. Keep the poems coming!

    I'm working on D now. Can't decide....arrgh!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Change, it is the only way we grow. I love how well you've described Change, Suzy:)
    Mayuri

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great post!

    I have always maintained that change is the only constant in life. It is about living in an awareness of the present. Too many of us wrongly ascribe too much focus to the past or the future and miss the simple joys of now!

    Absolutely Amazing Alliteration

    ReplyDelete
  6. A really thought-provoking post. It shows we should embrace every moment, however mundane, because we won't get them back.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Change is constant, for sure. By the way, I envy you for being able to gaze at hills from your home, if I have guessed that right!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Change is constant but sometimes we just son't understand them.

    ReplyDelete
  9. True, change occurs every moment, every day... The person we woke up as today is not necessarily the person we will be tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  10. They say life does not get better than chance,it gets better by change.

    Launching SIM Organics

    *Menaka Bharathi*

    *SimpleIndianMom*

    ReplyDelete
  11. Change is the one constant in life...and let's face it, without change, things would get a bit stale

    Sanch @ Sanch Writes

    ReplyDelete
  12. So often change is viewed as a negative. If we never changed, we'd never grow or move forward so surely that makes change a good thing
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  13. You're right that we only think of change when something big happens. Good thought here. This moment of today will never come again!

    ReplyDelete
  14. O yes! The only thing that remains constant in the world is change! And no matter what we say but things will change around us!

    Cheers
    BoisterousBee

    ReplyDelete
  15. Change has to occur, whether we like it or not! We judge the change according to our own convenience, but it is always unbiased. Highlight of the post is the poem.... loved reading it.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Loved the poetry and the thought on change ... Being Mindful changes our perspective:

    http://mindmatters-ash.blogspot.in/2017/04/c-for-cccups-to-z-challenge-2017.html

    ReplyDelete
  17. I once read that if there isn't change, then we are through. Life is constant change, like a river - fluid! Happy AtoZing...Heidi at, Decibel Memos (Perspectives absent of sound)

    ReplyDelete
  18. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Change was also the theme for my post! So much a part of our everyday! Loved your poem!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Change is the best constant one can ave but sometimes we fail to decode the goodness in the change, howsoever dreadful it may seem to be and often wonder with feelings otherwise

    ReplyDelete
  21. I am glad you're writing poetry because it complements your post so well. Sipping tea gazing at the hills sound heavenly! And change is always good! Hugs, Suzy!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Change truly is the only constant! And sipping tea while looking out at nature is the best time to contemplate change - nature, after all, is constantly changing and evolving!

    ReplyDelete
  23. This reminds me of an old French adage: Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose. The more things change, the more they stay the same. I never quite understood that, but I think it boils down change is nothing to fear. Life is in a constant state of flux.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Great perspective on change and I love the poem! I come across so many people that are terrified of change, I hope they find this and realize it's all around them and not to be feared!

    ReplyDelete
  25. I always find change to be fear inducing in the thought process but when confronted with it, it is no big deal.

    Melissa @ My Creatively Random Life

    ReplyDelete
  26. Change is both terrifying and exhilarating but so important to move us forward. WeekendsInMaine

    ReplyDelete
  27. Change is scary, but can actually be quite liberating, I feel. I'm in the process of making some big changes in my life right now. Let's see how it goes.
    Happy AtoZing!
    Chicky @ www.mysteriouskaddu.com

    ReplyDelete
  28. I believe in this dictum wholeheartedly. With every thought, every tiny, unthinking act, we bring in change.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Sometimes we don't recognize the changes, but it's always happening around us.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment so I know you visited.

However, any inappropriate comments will be removed.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Copyright Protection