Monday, April 10, 2017

Help comes ... #atozchallenge letter H @AprilA2Z

My theme for the 2017 AtoZ Challenge is "Daily Thoughts".

Each day I will post a thought that comes to mind. The first word of the thought will correspond with the letter of the day.

So here is my thought for the letter H

picture taken from my lounge


Help comes in many different ways and sometimes most unexpectedly

This post is not about the help we receive from people known and unknown, random acts of kindness etc because that is help we know about.

But have you ever wondered if there are unseen forces helping you? Do you recognise their methods of helping?

One of the ways I get unseen help most unexpectedly is through songs.

In 2003 I was made redundant after working at this place for 10 years. There were about 15 of us who left. Most of us took voluntary redundancy and we were given 6 weeks to leave. No matter how well you prepare for that last day, you are never truly prepared.

On the last day I walked into the ladies room for the last time, my eyes filled with tears. Leaving behind so many memories, so many you had associated with for so long was a tough thing to do. But as I washed my face, the words of a song came into my head. For a moment it gave me some relief, then the rational mind took over telling me I was just trying to soothe myself.

But as I got into my car and switched on the radio, the same song was playing. Not only that but I had switched it on just as the same verse came on that had come into my head.

Sail on silver girl, sail on by
Your time has come to shine
All your dreams are on their way
See how they shine
Oh if you need a friend
I'm sailing right behind
Like a bridge over troubled water
I will ease your mind



Silver girl also has significance. All who know me say that silver or cool colours look better on me than gold or warm colours. And at a Nutrimetics party just shortly before the above event, someone said to me - you are definitely a silver girl.

Whenever I go for an interview and hear this song playing somewhere out of the blue, I just know that I won't get that job but the next interview is a winner and the job always turns out to be awesome. 

Sharing a poem I wrote some years ago on my poetry blog - Lost and Found

Life you threw me all askew
In despair I travelled trudging on
Ignorant of  jewels yet to be born
Of experiences wonderful and new

I lost it all, those material things
I thought that I had lost my soul
Then Lord you held me, made me whole
And Your flute, it brought me joy and wings

~x~

Have you ever come across anything like this? Share your experience in the comments below.

If you do leave a comment, make it easy for me and leave a link to your blog / post.

Teaser for the letter I: Inaction can ...

Written for the #atozchallenge drop by and check out some awesome posts.

Inspired by Mary's post for the Letter B at Jingle Jangle Jungle

My posts so far
All roads lead to your destiny
Be like the river
Change occurs at every moment
Do or do not
Expectation
Find the Fun
Great Minds Think Alike


Warm Regards
Photobucket




Follow me on
My facebook page Suzy's Ilation
Bloglovin
Pinterest Suzy Que
Google+ Suzy Que
Instagram Suzy.Ila

26 comments:

  1. I might have but I don't remember now. True sometimes help comes in the most unexpected ways and when you look back at it, you end up wondering if it was real.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Help is definitely to be found in the most unexpected places - and often when we are most afraid to ask for it does it present itself to us
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  3. I believe there is a song for every occasion - and I love it when something like this happens and you can hold onto a song for comfort.
    Leanne | cresting the hill

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't come across something like this before in my life. For me, unexpected help came in form of some stranger showing an act of kindness.

    Hostel Life

    ReplyDelete
  5. Help certainly comes in the most unexpected of ways! I haven't experienced it through song, but often via an inner knowing, or something I read, even repeat numbers and a nudge to pull a card from a certain Tarot or Oracle deck. It's strange how these things work, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Help has come to me in the most unexpected ways. Sometime when I was on the verge of taking some big decisions of life, at a time when I was in need of a job after remaining out of job for almost 6 months. I had given up on all hope and the night I decided to quit, the very moment I got a call from a friend about an opening at a certain organization.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I strongly believe in help from unknown quarters that get extended to us. I believe in guardian angels. Like you, I often take cues from lyrics of a song or a message on the billboard I chance upon to use them as a message for guidance.

    ReplyDelete
  8. We too have received help from unexpected people and in unexpected ways

    Absolutely Amazing Alliteration

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've had a few experiences that validate your thought of the day too. Thanks for sharing, Suzy :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. We were going through a rough patch and needed some money urgently. And while we were looking at alternatives, an old friend called to say that he had transferred the money he owed us. We had totally forgotten about it and he was not aware that we needed the cash immediately. That was truly aha moment which proved that help can come from unexpected places.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh I'm a firm believer in this! Help always comes to those who ask for it! And the Universe works in mysterious ways to help us out.
    Loved your post today, Suzy. Thank you for sharing this.
    Happy AtoZing!
    Chicky @ www.mysteriouskaddu.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm a Christian so I don't believe in co-incidence, only God incidence. I think he speaks to us and helps us in many ways, including songs and dreams. I believe in angels too. That's really cool what happened to you. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I must admit I'm not very aware of these kind of messages. I like to think it will all make sense some day but I do think help does come in unseen ways. It reminds me of the story about a religious man who was drowning and a ship, a plane and boat come to rescue him but he declines saying god will help him. When he dies and goes to heaven, he questions god who then tells him he had sent the ship, place and boat but the man refused.

    Harrisham Rhyme - Over

    ReplyDelete
  14. You never know when a good deed on your part may be returned many times. Life is hard enough as it is, and doing good can make the world a better place and help others who really need it.

    Launching SIM Organics This April

    *Menaka Bharathi *

    *SimpleIndianMom*

    ReplyDelete
  15. I had when I lost my mum. My little brother was still small and dad broken. In those weakest moments, I felt a divine strength within myself to care of the two. It was probably God himself who helped me...

    ReplyDelete
  16. Lovely quote! Do drop by mine!
    http://slimexpectations.com/2017/04/letter-h/

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow.. I do sometimes feel the universe drops us little messages... its own "beware" or "i'm looking out for you" hints.
    I'm sure I have experienced it in small ways. Just can't think of a particular incident presently.

    Godyears.net

    ReplyDelete
  18. Reminds me of the line from Harry potter "Help is always be given at Hogwarts to those who ask for it."

    I have started to ask for help when things get too much; I have realised the importance of doing so.
    Loved your post Suzy!

    Theme: Peregrination Chronicles (travel)
    H is for a stinky high at ChangLa pass in Ladhakh #atozchallenge

    ReplyDelete
  19. Yes, I have my little "signs" which blend with my intuition about something. And yes, the song thing has happened to me, too, especially the continuity. Loved your post, Suzy. I haven't met you, but I am sure you are a silver girl! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Yes, I too feel that we get some help from forces that we do not see. I can't remember an incident though. Loved the quote!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hi Suzy

    So glad that I could provide some inspiration for your post. It's amazing how some songs stick with us and influence us through the years. Some times I wonder if it's our angels and guardians from the other side that are sending us messages through the songs.

    ~Mary
    Jingle Jangle Jungle
    #AtoZChallenge 1970's Billboard Hits

    ReplyDelete
  22. That's an amazing story! Yes I do agree that there are songs that offer you comfort or signs that make you realise that things will go well for you.....

    ReplyDelete
  23. Oh yes, Suzy, help does come in different ways. But sometimes we are too self-absorbed and see it as interference.

    Iktsuarpok and Irusu: Exotic Words with no English Equivalent

    ReplyDelete
  24. And it is never bad to accept help that comes from unexpected ways! It only leaves you more compassionate in the end!

    Cheers
    BoisterousBee

    ReplyDelete
  25. I don;t know how to put it into words. But yes, I have experienced something like this. I always take it as a sign :)

    Thailand Travel Stories at Kohl Eyed Me
    26 Indian Dishes at Something's Cooking

    ReplyDelete
  26. This brings to mind an old adage: 'Music hath charms to soothe a savage breast'. True, that! How prophetic to hear that song just when you needed it the most. The 'silver girl' connection makes it even more so. Interesting terminology that gets bandied about for the word 'fired'. I got 'downsized'. 'Made redundant' sounds worse, somehow!

    Debbie @ THE DOGLADY'S DEN
    Latest Post: JE T'AIME: A wedding memory

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment so I know you visited.

However, any inappropriate comments will be removed.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Copyright Protection