Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Life's Jigsaw - Zen

Life is like a jigsaw puzzle. Each little piece is an aspect of our journey through it. And when at last we find that last piece and fit it into place, we eventually see the meaning of this life.


UBC Day 30
The Z Piece - Zen

So while we wait for our dreams and desires to come true, lets live the Zen way.

Here are some Zen proverbs that give us a clue to Zen living.


When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be - Lao Tzu


Be still, the quieter you become, the more you can hear - Ram Dass


Be still like a mountain and flow like a great river - Lao Tzu


A good traveller has no fixed plans and is not intent on arriving - Lao Tzu


To hold you must first open your hand. Let go  ~ Lao Tzu


Nature does not hurry, yet everything is accomplished ~Lao Tzu


To the mind that is still, the whole Universe surrenders ~ Lao Tzu


Chasing after the world brings chaos. Allowing it all to come to me brings peace.


Here's one of my favourites that summarises my philosophy:

Life is a series of natural and spontaneous changes. 
Don’t resist them – that only creates sorrow.
 Let reality be reality. 
Let things flow naturally forward in whatever way they like.
~ Lao Tzu


And a reminder when I feel disturbed or fearful

If you are depressed, you are living in the past
If you are anxious, you are living in the future
If you are at peace, you are living in the present  
~ Lao Tzu


Be Zen, Stay Zen. Namaste

image source: google images


The Jigsaw Pieces of my journey so far

Check out some blogs participating in the AtoZ Challenge


Written for: A to Z Challenge and The Ultimate Blogging Challenge


Drop by my facebook page Suzy's Ilation and if any of your posts needs some tlc, leave a link there and I'll drop by and give it some love.



Warm Regards
Photobucket

19 comments:

  1. what a fabulous post really enjoyed reading it thankyou

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such wise words from the master of Z.
    I was living in the future before yesterday--fearful of falling when I went to have my hair cut off to sell. All turned out well. My husband made the trip easy, I got up from the chair without difficulty, I achieved my goal. I feel free now that the obstacle is overcome.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My favourite is : When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.
    Thanks for sharing some fabulous insights into life's jigsaw puzzle, Suzy! It was truly an insightful and inspiring journey with you, this April! Thank you and ♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. My favourite : Be still, the quieter you become, the more you can hear - Ram Dass

    Today my Z is also for Zen...

    Loved all the pieces of life's jigsaw puzzle with you Suzy..A learning and thought provoking experience indeed...Congrats on completing it :)

    Z for Zen-Random Thoughts Naba

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this one: When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be - Lao Tzu

    I think I will create an art journal page using this quote.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations on completing the challenge. This puzzles completion was full of enlightenment and brilliant posts. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fab quotes, Suzy. Congrats Champion for the challenge. Such pearls of wisdom:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Inspiring quotes, Suzy. Congratulations for completing the challenge successfully and motivating us throughout with posts. Namaste!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you for the beauty in the words, which soothe my mind. I think you have made some wonderful choices. and some accepting and wise ones, as well.
    love, jean

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you so much Suzy for these lovely quotes. Yours has been one if the most insightful, soulful series and I have enjoyed each and every post so much! Thank you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Another gem of a post from your pen Suzy! Congrats on completing the challenge! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I want to live at peace, in the present. Enjoyed reading your posts all this month, thank you so much. Hope to stay in touch after April too :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh wow Suzy! very moving and beautiful words... being a nature lover I liked: Be still like a mountain and flow like a great river... So beautiful.. Wanna print this post out and have it close to my heart:-) Your series in the challenge was so inspirational and full of life wisdom - gave me peace of mind. Well done and congrats on completing the challenge, dear:-)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hey Congratulations !
    We have survived the challenge !
    http://www.ananyatales.com/2014/04/zeal-for-life.html

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful last A-Z post!
    All the quotes are inspiring; my favourite: "To hold you must first open your hand. Let go."
    All your A-Z posts were thought-provoking, even those in which I do not quite agree with, or maybe disagree with, the thoughts expressed.

    ReplyDelete
  16. these thoughtful quotes indeed brought some peace to my anxious mind.
    thank you sharing them

    ReplyDelete
  17. congratulations Suzy for the successful completion of A TO Z....
    You posts were an inspiration for me....
    looking forward for a lifelong assocation

    ReplyDelete
  18. I was reading the whole post and I felt peace of mind. As you said when we find the last piece of puzzle we see the whole meaning of life So may be aim of our life is to find all pieces and put them together or may be sub-consciously we do so and while doing so we weave many stories.
    I love the quote the quiter you become, the more you hear!!! In our daily rantings we forget to pay heed to the world around us! It is indeed imposrtant!
    Congratulations for completinh the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wonderful quotes and a wonderful way to end the challenge. I am all for zen. :)

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment so I know you visited.

However, any inappropriate comments will be removed.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Copyright Protection