Monday, April 14, 2014

Life's Jigsaw - Love

Life is like a jigsaw puzzle. Each little piece is an aspect of our journey through it. And when at last we find that last piece and fit it into place, we eventually see the meaning of this life.



UBC Day 14
The L Piece - Love

If life is governed by the laws of karma then love is surely the way to good karma. Because when we operate from love we operate with the good of all in our hearts and minds. 

I always thought of love as a feeling, an emotion until a message was given to me a few months ago (read my Treasure post).

"Love is not something one gives or an emotion one feels, it is a state of being"

I interpret this to mean that
In a spiritual sense love is connecting with another human being at the level of our soul with understanding that all are spiritual beings.  
In a romantic sense that we connect with another with respect, tolerance, kindness and understanding
And that we do this not on an as needed basis, but on a constant basis. That is, this becomes a way of life for us.

I don't know about you'll but when I connect from my soul I feel as if love transcends lifetimes, that it is something beyond this world and eternal.

About 17 years ago I came across this poem by Rabindranath Tagore "Unending Love" that started me thinking about love beyond the confines of our world, a connection that crosses physical boundaries across the cosmos. And it became one of my favourite poems.

I seem to have loved you in numberless forms, numberless times...
In life after life, in age after age, forever.
My spellbound heart has made and remade the necklace of songs,
That you take as a gift, wear round your neck in your many forms,
In life after life, in age after age, forever.

Whenever I hear old chronicles of love, it's age old pain,
It's ancient tale of being apart or together.
As I stare on and on into the past, in the end you emerge,
Clad in the light of a pole-star, piercing the darkness of time.
You become an image of what is remembered forever.

You and I have floated here on the stream that brings from the fount.
At the heart of time, love of one for another.
We have played along side millions of lovers,
Shared in the same shy sweetness of meeting, the distressful tears of farewell,
Old love but in shapes that renew and renew forever.

Today it is heaped at your feet, it has found its end in you
The love of all man’s days both past and forever:
Universal joy, universal sorrow, universal life.
The memories of all loves merging with this one love of ours –
And the songs of every poet past and forever.


Sending you all virtual love and hugs. May you find that unending love.


Written for: A to Z Challenge and The Ultimate Blogging Challenge


Drop by my facebook page Suzy's Ilation and if any of your posts needs some tlc, leave a link there and I'll drop by and give it some love.



Warm Regards
Photobucket

42 comments:

  1. Dropping in from the A-Z challenge. I like your thoughts on love.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Suz. Glad you liked my thoughts and thanks for visiting.

      Delete
  2. That's a wonderful poem. And a novel thought.. Love is a state of being...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tulika. One of my favourite poems. Tagore was an inspirational writer.

      Delete
  3. Interesting read. Beautiful lines by Tagore.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Shail. Tagore was an amazing poet. I love his poems.

      Delete
  4. That Tagore's poem is so bful. Feeling loved with many love posts today :)

    These lines are best to me - Shared in the same shy sweetness of meeting, the distressful tears of farewell,
    Old love but in shapes that renew and renew forever.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Afshan. It really is a beautiful poem and each time you read it, you find new meaning.

      Delete
  5. 'Love'ly post Suzy. May you too be blessed with the unending love.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such beautiful lines by Tagore...Love truly is one of the key pieces of life's puzzle...

    L for loved-Random Thoughts Naba

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Naba. Love is the key to all things.

      Delete
  7. Beautiful lines by Tagore and loved the L of the jigsaw. Indeed love is the way to good karma :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Juzta Mom. Glad you liked my L piece.

      Delete
  8. My favorite lines from Tagore and a Lovely piece added to the jigsaw with it ;)

    ~S(t)ri
    Participant|AtoZ Challenge 2014
    Smile, it makes (y)our day!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You don't love someone but you are in love with someone. Such a lovely thought and a gorgeous poem by Tagore. I must read his works.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sulekha. Tagore is a beautiful writer. Do read his works,

      Delete
  10. Beautiful poem by Tagore, absolutely a gem! Thanks Suzy for sharing this and for your love-filled words surrounding the poem!

    Beauty Interprets, Expresses, Manifests the Eternal

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Beloo. Glad you enjoyed Tagore's poem and glad you liked my post.

      Delete
  11. lovely post and I love that poem too

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Pixie. Glad you liked the poem and my post. Thanks for visiting.

      Delete
  12. That's some thought provoking thoughts on love, yes, love is a state of being... ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Shilpa. Glad you liked my thoughts.

      Delete
  13. Replies
    1. Thanks A Joyful Chaos. Glad you liked it and thanks for dropping by.

      Delete
  14. Suzy Q, thanks for a great start to my week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Amy. Glad my post started off your week so well. I was unable to locate your blog. If you drop by and leave a link I will drop by your blog.

      Delete
  15. Replies
    1. Thanks Sophie. Glad you liked them both. Please leave a link to your blog so I can drop by and say hellp.

      Delete
  16. Beautiful poem by Tagore, and I liked the way you put the whole thing together.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Cynthia. Glad you liked the poem and my post.

      Delete
  17. I like the idea of love going on across lifetimes and never ending!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow! I just love the quote and the poem!

    ReplyDelete
  19. You have to believe it, my eyes are wet. After reading it, I yearned for my beloved. Love!! Tagore's poem leaves a mark.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Arpita. It sure does - and each time you read, you find something new.

      Delete

Please leave a comment so I know you visited.

However, any inappropriate comments will be removed.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Copyright Protection