Friday, May 27, 2011

What Seems Impossible is Possible.

 No Ordinary Moments  introduces this post ...


About 5 years ago while sitting at my desk at work one day, I found it immensely difficult to stand up and had to push myself up from my desk.
Once up, it was exceedingly painful to sit down. In both cases my knees simply gave way. It was as if my mind had forgotten how to sit or stand. I had to will myself to stand and sit. And it was a moment of sheer panic.
So began my quest in earnest to strengthen those knees and lose some weight - a battle I have fought for as long as I can remember.

I started climbing hills, working out at the gym and subsequently took up karate (in my late forties). Something I never imagined I would or even could do.

I have since learned that my true battle is not with my weight but with the acceptance that I am perfect just the way I am and that impossible things are possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment so I know you visited.

However, any inappropriate comments will be removed.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Copyright Protection