Saturday, April 22, 2017

Respond Intelligently ... #atozchallenge letter R @AprilA2Z

My theme for the 2017 AtoZ Challenge is "Daily Thoughts".

Each day I will post a thought that comes to mind. The first word of the thought will correspond with the letter of the day.

So here is my thought for the letter R



Respond intelligently to unintelligent treatment
~ Lao Tzu


This is one of my favourite quotes. I don't always succeed but I do try to remember to respond intelligently when I am at the receiving end of unintelligent treatment.

Sometimes the most intelligent response is not to respond at all and let the person vent.


Have you been in situations where you've had to respond intelligently?  Share your experiences in the comments so we can all learn.

If you do leave a comment, please make it easy for me and add a link to your blog / post. Thanks.

Written for the #atozchallenge drop by and check out some awesome posts.

My posts so far
All roads lead to your destiny               
Be like the river       
Change occurs at every moment
Do or do not                
Expectation              
Find the Fun
Great Minds Think Alike
Help Comes
Inaction can
Journeys
Kite Flying
Live as if
Music
Now and then
Open Doors
Patience
Quieting the mind


Warm Regards
Photobucket




Follow me on
My facebook page Suzy's Ilation
Bloglovin
Pinterest Suzy Que
Google+ Suzy Que
Instagram Suzy.Ila

7 comments:

  1. That is one of the 10 commandments of running a retail store. You get all kinds of customers. Most are very polite and decent, but some are just itching to start a fight! :D
    Happy AtoZing!
    Chicky @ www.mysteriouskaddu.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my this is quite a stumper as yes I always look for the right response everytime but thanks to my quick temper , I open my mouth too early!!! ;-)

    Ravanhatha-a unique musical instrument from Rajasthan

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such great advice. Sometimes, responding kindly to unkind people really takes them off guard.

    ~Mary

    ReplyDelete
  4. Liked this one. But it is a difficult one to follow in many situations. Like when someone is driving badly and honking continuously right behind your car or people who don't know anything talk about topics that do not concern them!

    Celebrating 'Women & their work' all April @NamySaysSo Sub-Inspector of RPF, Rekha Mishra is on a rescue mission

    ReplyDelete
  5. My job sees me having to write policies and procedures for IT. 95% of the people I work with are non-native English speakers and they always question my edits and corrections. Google Translate wrote it differently they tell me. Sigh. I intelligently just walk away and carry on. Lol

    ReplyDelete
  6. How do you respond intelligently to something that is unintelligent? I expect one just grins and bears it, and convinces oneself, This too shall pass.
    Hard bit of advice to follow.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Now that's a perfectly sane advice which I fail to apply most of the times. It's the hurry to react rather than respond that's the culprit!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment so I know you visited.

However, any inappropriate comments will be removed.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Copyright Protection