Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Music Monday - Yesterday When I Was Young

 
   Having just celebrated a birthday, I sat back and thought about
   my life so far - all the ups and downs, the happy times and sad
   ones and then as I thought about a song for Music Monday,
   this one came to mind - "Yesterday When I Was Young" by
   Shirley Bassey.


Shirley Bassey is an amazing singer and I think amongst all my favourite female singers, she is my most favourite. I just love her voice. She also sang some amazing songs.

"Yesterday When I Was Young" reminds me that there are still many many years of living to do and many songs still left to sing.

So here it is:



Hope you enjoyed this song and wish you all a fabulous day.

Linking this to














Related post:  Music Monday - my song

Warm Regards





Lyrics:
Yesterday when I was young
The taste of life was sweet as rain upon my tongue
I teased at life as if it were a foolish game
The way the evening breeze may tease the candle flame 


A thousand dreams I dreamed
The splendid things I planned
I always built alas on weak and shifting sand
I lived by night and shunned the naked light of day
And only now I see how the years ran away


Yesterday when I was young
So many lovely songs were waiting to be sung
So many wayward pleasures lay in store for me
And so much pain my dazzled eyes refused to see 


I ran so fast that time and youth at last ran out
I never stopped to think what life was all about
And every conversation I can now recall
Concerned itself with me and nothing else at all


Yesterday the moon was blue
And every crazy day brought something new to do
I used my magic age as if it were a wand
That never saw the waste and emptiness beyond 


The game of love I played with arrogance and pride
And every flame I lit too quickly quickly died
The friends I made all seemed somehow drift away
And only I am left on stage to end the play 


There are so many songs in me that won't be sung
I feel the bitter taste of tears upon my tongue
The time has come for me to pay
For yesterday....
when I was young.....




6 comments:

  1. so true Ms.Suzy the lyrics was so right..and all our ups and downs are all part of our process to maturity..our inner growth on our journey of our lives..belated Happy birthday Ms.Suzy..how young are you? *hugs* have a happy morning ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Sie. This song is a beautiful reminder to not squander the years away. Thanks for the birthday wishes.
    Wish you a happy day too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. In the grand scheme of things we are here but for the blink of an eye and should make the most of each day as it is presented to us.
    Ms Bassey will be an amazing 75 years young in January and during her career has been awarded some amazing accolades. I am searching my brain to recall which concert I have seen her perform at within the last 12 months but I remember being blown away by how stunning her voice is and how well she carries herself. Once again, thank you for sharing. Kate w

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are so right Kate, our life is but a moment in time. Shirley Bassey is an amazing singer. I never tire of hearing her sing. How lucky you are to have seen her in concert.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy belated birthday wishes! I hope you had a wonderful day. Thanks for sharing this great Shirley bassy song at this week's Pinning & Singing party. I haven't listened to her singing for years-what a voice!

    Best wishes and happy weekend,
    Natasha.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Natasha. I had a lovely birthday. Lots of hugs from the kids. Enjoy your day.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment so I know you visited.

However, any inappropriate comments will be removed.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Copyright Protection