Sunday, January 20, 2013

UBC Day 20 - Five Question Friday

Day 20 of the Ultimate Blogging Challenge and Five Question Friday (even though it's Sunday here in NZ)

So here are the questions and my answers


1. If you were going to be stuck on a deserted island, which 5 books, movies, people and foods would you take along?

4 questions in one and very strange  - would we have the luxury of carrying this if were going to be stuck on a deserted island and why would I be stuck on one by choice?

Books
  • The Bhagawad Gita (my spiritual bible)
  • The Tao of Pooh (I can read this over and over again)
  • Way of the Peaceful Warrior - Dan Millman - a book that is truly inspirational
  • The Prophet - by Khalil Gibran - my favourite book of all time
  • Survival guide on a deserted island.

Movies - these would have to be feel good movies
  • If It's Tuesday This Must Be Belgium
  • The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel
  • Pride and Prejudice
  • Nights in Rodhanthe
  • Serendipity

People - I would never subject any of my near and dear ones to the uncertainty and stress of being on a deserted island (none of us are that adventurous). So I hope that these are the people who are with me:
  • A person who knows how to survive on deserted islands
  • A person who can motivate and uplift
  • A person who can build a shelter
  • A person who can navigate the seas
  • A person who loves me and cares for me and will take care of me

Foods - I will assume that eventually we would find food around the island - some fruits, fish, coconuts etc and have the ability to do some basic cooking
  • Canned baked beans
  • Protein bars
  • Rice
  • Lentils
  • Drinking Water - not technically food but important nevertheless


2. What is your thought on year round school? 

We all need time to chill and relax to "recharge our batteries" so why would we subject children to year round school?  Kids need time to play as these are the times when they fuel their imagination without the stress of school work and time to spend with their families without rushing around. The New Zealand school system has 4 terms with 2 week breaks between each term and approximately 7 weeks at the end of term 4 (end of school year). I think it works well for the kids.


3. What is your most embarrassing potty story? (Can't be one of your kids' potty stories either!)

There are a few, but these are best kept within the family so will pass on this one. In any case my kids are all grown and there are none to share there.


4. What's the temperature where you are?

19 Celsius = 66 Fahrenheit.  It's a hot Summer's day.



5. Are you a winter/spring/fall/summer person?

I love each season. Here in Welly, we often have all 4 in one day - it can even hail in Summer. The only things I don't like are gale force winds and heavy rain on a windy and cold cold day.


Please join in and share your answers. Thanks.

And enjoy this clip of "If It's Tuesday, This Must Be Belgium"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tsx__rv04yI

Have an awesome day

Warm Regards
Photobucket




12 comments:

  1. Good choices--a nice mix of practical and spiritual. I love that Marigold Hotel movie, too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Galen. Yes, I really enjoyed the movie - having lived in India for many years it held more appeal.

      Delete
  2. I loved reading your answers! How odd that they would ask you what movies you would have on a deserted island. Is there electricity and DVD players? LOL Crazy. Such fun!

    Kathy
    http://gigglingtruckerswife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kathy - oh lol yes some of the questions were exceedingly odd. Potty story - what kind of question is that, but when you take part, you have to answer best you can!

      Delete
  3. This is fun where do you get the questions from?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Alyssa, here's the link http://fivecrookedhalos.blogspot.co.nz/2013/01/five-question-friday-11813.html

      Delete
  4. Funny movie. Great questionnaire to ponder on.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've seen a couple of people say they'd take a survival guide of some sort; I probably should've thought of that, given that I'm absolutely an indoor type of girl! And I love Serendipity!

    But I don't know about your hot summer day; it was in the 60s here today, and it's winter. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Cheri, I'm an indoor type of girl too so the first thought I had was survival guide. Serendipity is a movie I can watch over and over again.

      Delete
  6. this post is very interesting and easy to read, I hope to visit again

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment so I know you visited.

However, any inappropriate comments will be removed.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Copyright Protection