Friday, October 14, 2011

Friday Fives - Book 'Em



    As I am into reading right now this is a good one to attempt.
    (taken from Friday5.org)





1. What book did you struggle to get through but is something you're glad you've read?
     E.M. Foster's A Passage to India - was my book for Literature at University and was such a drag
     to read. Any book that you have to study is always a hard read. But I'm still glad I read it.


2. What's a book whose popularity has baffled you?
    Arundhati Roy's  God of Small Things - this book made no sense to me at all. Perhaps I should
    attempt reading it again.


3. If you could make everyone you know read one book, what would it be?
    Dan Millman's Way of the Peaceful Warrior - This book summed up the meaning of Life for me.


4. What book have you liked less and less as time has gone by?
    I don't think there is any book that falls into this category. I either like a book or don't.


5. What book have you loved more and more as time has gone by?
    Brian Weiss' Only Love is Real - a book that provides hope and an understanding of relationships
    from a spiritual perspective.


Please share your fives. Would love to read your answers.

Warm Regards




4 comments:

  1. I haven't read that many books, but here goes...
    1. Mark Twain's Huckleberry Finn which formed part of my Eng. Lit course (some years ago now!)
    2. no answer here
    3. The Celestine Prophecy by James Redfield. It changed my outlook on life and my attitude towards people and the world.
    4. again, no answer
    5. I've not read many books more than once, but My Family and Other Animals by Gerald Durrell is a marvellous example. I even managed to hunt down a hard back copy a few years ago.
    Kate W x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kate, thanks for sharing.
    Can't remember if I've read Huck Finn but have read Adventures of Tom Sawyer at school.
    I have read The Celestine Prophecy - a great book.
    And My Family and Other Animals was my standard 9 literature book in school.

    ReplyDelete
  3. hello ms.Suzy..I have also been into reading books that gives inner spiritual strength..purpose driven life and 7 secrets to a better living to name a few..my first time on your site..but I'll be back..following your site now Ms.Suzy :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Sie, Thanks for your comment and for following my blog. I like your blog too.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment so I know you visited.

However, any inappropriate comments will be removed.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Copyright Protection