Friday, February 10, 2012

ABC Wednesday - Round 10 - D is for ...

I love to dance so "Dance" this week is just perfect for the ABC Wednesday post.

I think the 60s and 70s had the best dance music. So here are some of my favourite songs ....



Dancing Queen - ABBA

Commonly regarded as one of the most successful singles of the 1970s.
First released in 1976, it is considered to be ABBA's signature song.
It was ABBA's only no 1 hit in the US (April 1977). It also hit no 1 in at least 13 other countries including New Zealand.

I spent many hours dancing to "Dancing Queen" .


  Youtube - Dancing Queen



Save The Last Dance For Me - The Drifters

I love this song.
It was written by Doc Pomus and Mort Shuman and first recorded in 1960 by Ben E King with
The Drifters.
Their version spent three non-consecutive weeks at No 1 on the US pop chart and No 2 in the UK in December 1960.

I chose The Drifters version as this was the original and because D is for Drifters.


Youtube - Save the last dance for me

I love Michael Buble's version too so check that out here



You Make Me Feel Like Dancing - Leo Sayer

Is taken from Leo Sayer's 1976 album Endless Flight and again I danced many hours to this song.
In 2008 he recorded a version with The Wiggles (An Australian children's music group) for their DVD.


Youtube - You make me feel like dancing




Shall We Dance - from The King and I

And to wrap up this post. enjoy this scene from The King and I starring Yul Brynner and  Deborah Kerr -
Shall  We Dance.


 Youtube - Shall we dance


Have an awesome day and dance the night away.

Warm Regards
Photobucket

Check out other D entries at ABC Wednesday
and my D entry on my blog Photos are Fun - D is for David

Also linking to GBE2 - Dancing


12 comments:

  1. These are great! Not just the songs, all of which I believe I own (I THINK I have the Sayers), but the DESCRIPTIONS!

    ROG, ABC Wednesday team

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love ABBA ! I haven't seen the originals, but I have seen the ABBA show with singers approved from the group, with the original trompetist and drummer ! was great ! really like the true once !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love ABBA too. I had an ABBA t-shirt many many many moons ago - it was one of my prized possessions.

      Delete
  3. Hello.
    I love music & love to sing & dance...it's how I start my day everyday. I even fall asleep listening to music. Nice selection you chose. I know them all.
    Thanks for sharing. Appreciated the visit too.
    See you for letter "E"!

    Daydreaming Of Yesterday

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Andy - music is food for the soul. Yes, looking forward to your awesome E post.

      Delete
  4. Great selection. This is one I like:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QTVqYmaE_-E

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks DJ. I think all dance numbers are fun. thanks for visiting.

      Delete
  5. What a nice uplifting stop this was! Nicely done, Miss!

    ♥
    Oh, you can't go wrong with Michael Buble, ever.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jo. Yep, you can't go wrong with Mr Buble.

      Delete
  6. Lots of great choices!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment so I know you visited.

However, any inappropriate comments will be removed.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Copyright Protection