Saturday, November 26, 2011

Atmosphere and Politics

Thursday Writers Post  this week is your choice. So I thought I'd pick up a previous topic and write about that.

So my topic today is "Atmosphere". Perfect for today 26 November 2011 as today is the day New Zealand goes to the polls to vote for a new or continuing government.

So the Atmosphere here today and all of last week has been one of anticipation. Some are tense, some are probably more relaxed. Some have swung from left to right or right to left.

google.co.nz  had a very apt picture on their page today which I would like to share:


I also tried to find a quote that straddles "atmosphere" and "politics" and came across this one that I thought was quite appropriate.

Expectancy is the atmosphere for miracles ~ Edwin Louis Cole


We're watching the results coming through at the moment and there is an air of expectancy with all party leaders and some I guess are hoping for a miracle.

It's exciting and fun. I enjoy the elections. Polling opened at 9.00am today and I was at my polling booth at 9.30am to cast my vote.



Hope the atmosphere wherever you are is exciting and fun too.

Warm Regards
Photobucket

Linking to

Weekend Bloggy Reading

9 comments:

  1. I hope the elections result in positive outcomes for the people of New Zealand. Election day is certainly a tense one for some!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there - politics is such a dirty game - I really wish that self-interest could take a back seat for just one day - I wonder what would be possible on such a day!

    Cheers - Stewart M - Australia

    ReplyDelete
  3. I find the few hours leading up to the final election results is the only time I feel optimistic about politics. The years between are just more of the same, regardless of who wins.

    I have a new computer and can see my followers again yay! Thanks for following me and I'm now following you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! You wrote about atmosphere and politics without getting controversial. That' tough to do.

    Joyce
    http://joycelansky.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Excellent post and I love the Edwin Louis Cole quote. Cheers -Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Beth - I hope so too.
    @Stewart - a miracle perhaps?
    @Laurie - you are so right and thanks for following me.
    @Joyce - lol yes I probably did. thanks.
    @Kelly - thanks, I love that quote too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the quote!! Wow!! How did the voting turn out? I don't follow NZ politics--so hopefully the people are happy!! Cheers, Jenn.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good election post, Suzy. Hard to do without getting political, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks Jenn and Pauline.
    @Jenn - I guess as always, some are happy and some are not.
    @Pauline - it is hard to do and now for the changes ... hopefully some will be implemented and in others some sense will prevail.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment so I know you visited.

However, any inappropriate comments will be removed.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Copyright Protection