Monday, January 14, 2013

UBC Day 14 - GBE2 15 Minute free write

Day 14 of the Ultimate Blogging Challenge 

GBE2's prompt this week is a 15 minute free write - You sit down and write whatever comes into your mind for 15 straight minutes. The goal is not to write a story, article, or even anything coherent. It's a word purge. A stream of consciousness babble-fest and it's a wonderful way to unleash your creativity.

So here goes ...

Chicken salad, it seemed to go around and around in my head. So finally I had to get up and make it. I look forward to tomorrow's lunch.

Watched a few episodes of "I Love Lucy" - it is so therapeutic. They say laughter is the best medicine. It certainly puts you in a wonderful and relaxed mood. Lucy and Desi are great to watch.

I love cherries. Picked up a few at the supermarket yesterday. Cherries and Lucy - just perfect.

What a dreadful day today - it rained all day and doesn't look like it's going to let up anytime soon. I don't mind the rain so much but when it's accompanied by gusty winds, it starts to get very weary.

Woke up a little late this morning but still made it in time for the bus. Must go to bed soon as I am starting to get a bit tired.

I've done this whole post chronologically backwards. Today is a topsy turvy day.

I am really running out of things to say.  And I've achieved the goal of not writing anything coherent.

I am most uncreative today and this post reminds me of the Jabberwocky song from Alice in Wonderland - a complete jumble of nonsense.


Twas brillig, and the slithy toves
Did gyre and gimble in the wabe.
All mimsey were the borogroves
And the mome raths outgrabe.
"Beware the Jabberwock, my son!
The jaws that bite, the claws that catch!
Beware the Jubjubb bird, and shun
The frumious Bandersnatch!"


picture taken from Wikipedia

And on that note I shall end this post - times up anyway!

Warm Regards
Photobucket


18 comments:

  1. This is awesome!
    Dropping by from the UBC x

    ReplyDelete
  2. My most recent post is Laughter is the Best Medicine. Funny.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Amy, great minds think alike! Thanks for dropping by.

      Delete
  3. I began freewriting 44 days ago! Now it is my favorite part of the morning:))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Talya - that's great - I must do it more often.

      Delete
  4. I love the Alice Poem. Your free writing is much like what I write everyday.lol
    this was great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jan. It actually was quite hard to write - I had to stop myself from thinking too hard.

      Delete
  5. Fun read. Especially enjoyed the delicious words from the Jabberwock poem. *grin* Looking forward to getting to know your work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Gill. Glad you found it fun. Alice in Wonderland was a school production many many years ago and I can still remember the words of the song!

      Delete
  6. I've been keeping a journal about the little things that happen each day just for fun. This reminded me of it!
    Blessings, Suzy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Martha. I start and stop journals - I can never keep them going. It will be fun to look at them in the future. Blessings to you too.

      Delete
  7. "Babble-fest" LOL ...I was always in trouble as a child for babbling! I love Lucy; I really love Lucy and yes she is therapeutic. I especially loved an episode when Lucy and Desi went on a caravan trip and she kept collecting rocks, which eventually weighed the van down. Thanks Suzy, this blog has been a refreshing start to my day.
    Dawn Alice

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dawn. Yes, I know that episode. I think it was called the long long trailer. Thanks for visiting. Glad my blog helped to start your day well.

      Delete
  8. and here i am thinking "catch the bus" why did she have to catch the bus..someone who likes "I love Lucy"...it NEVER made me laugh...until now :0)

    Enjoyed your free write...most things that are free ARE enjoyable!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So true Drchoneydewcrm and thanks for dropping by.

      Delete
  9. Now that was just fun! Your mind is not weighed down with weighty stuff!
    How nice for you. and how fun to read.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jo - glad you enjoyed it. I try not to clutter my mind with the weighty stuff - that's left behind at work. I try to go with the flow.

      Delete

Please leave a comment so I know you visited.

However, any inappropriate comments will be removed.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Copyright Protection