Saturday, May 26, 2012

GBE2 - Pick a line from a book

The prompt this week at GBE2 is - pick a line from a book and write from there.

I thought this would be quite easy - how wrong was I. Finding a line was easy, writing from there - major mental block!

Each nifty line that I picked, drew a complete blank. So eventually I just opened a page from one of my favourite books - The Tao of Pooh - and found this line:
So quite often, the easiest way to get rid of a minus is to change it into a plus
How apt was that!

So how do you change a minus into a plus?

Mathematically you can:
  •       multiply by another negative number or 
  •       divide by another negative number or 
  •       add a higher positive number (than the negative integer) 

But how do you do it in life?

I have no idea how you do it, but here are some ways in which I do it.

When things aren't going my way and I start to despair, I simply go with the flow. I've learned over the years that the Universe has a plan all of it's own and going against that flow makes things so much harder. Eventually I end up where the Universe wants me, to not where I want to, so it's just infinitely easier to
go with the flow.
     
"This too shall pass" is one of my favourite quotes. Whenever I'm going through a rough patch, I know that eventually there will be light at the end of a dark tunnel. I can't get away from going through the tunnel, I need to travel through it and focussing on that darkness isn't productive. So I find it best to accept the situation and focus on other things while I ride the storm because I know that 
this too shall pass. 

Not saying that I can do these every time but they help to keep me sane most times.

And there are other ways too, but I think these two have been most effective for me.

Would love to know your methods, so please share. Thanks.

Wish you all an awesome day.



Warm Regards
Photobucket








24 comments:

  1. Changing a negative to a positive. Well, I don't really think there is a magic bullet, but I do think believing in the positive usually helps!
    Interesting post and negativity has no place in my world, it never helps anyone.♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jo. Focussing on the positive is my mantra too.

      Delete
  2. What better inspiration could you find than Pooh? I find that remembering things could always be worse helps me keep my sanity.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pooh definitely knows "the way". Nice one Kat, that is a good way of looking at things.

      Delete
  3. wow..YES this is so right on...and you know to change anything..it takes ACTION pencil to the paper..down stroke..a connection of horizonal passing through vertical..not to far left..not to far right..not to high..not to low..a perfect balance of PLUS!! Just like this blog! MUAH loved this

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Drchoneydewcrm. So ture that to change anything we need to act. loved the way you turned the minus into a plus.

      Delete
  4. Excellent! Going with the flow and reminding myself that everything is temporary works for me, too. If I'm feeling really overwhelmed, I take the teensiest step forward. That's often enough to get things rolling in a better direction.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. Yep that teensiest step is actually the giant leap. Nicely put Beth.

      Delete
  5. Nice post! And, I got a kick out of the fact that you first approached it mathematically!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Libby. Glad you liked it. Maths was my favourite subject at school so had to sneak that in.

      Delete
  6. Yes. I think the two ways you have mentioned are the ones that I would follow before I exercised all my options. At then end, let it be!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Journey of Life. "Let it be" is also a wise choice to make. Thanks for visiting.

      Delete
  7. I think I need to read this book. It might have helped me out this week. Thanks for sharing Suzy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome Susan. The Tao of Pooh is an awesome book and Pooh is actually a very wise bear.

      Delete
  8. Sometimes i wish i could be as wise a Pooh hehehehe--- the book is very nice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it's a good read. Thanks for visiting.

      Delete
  9. I love the way you turned those lines around, Suzy. My way of getting through is to give thanks for the situation and I begin to see all the good in it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Corinne, that's a very spiritual way of seeing things - good one, will try that. thanks for sharing.

      Delete
  10. My mother has always said this, "This too shall pass." It's a great phrase to keep you going in hard times. That hit home.

    ReplyDelete
  11. A great post--changing a negative into a positive. Yes--it can be done. In Math you can surround your negative numbers with those | | and make the number and absolute value--thus making it positive. In the same respect those | | could be a metaphor for surrounding the negatives in your life with positive approaches and turning it into a win-win situation. Not always easy to do--but the more you practice--the easier it gets--so I've learned!

    Cheers, Jenn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jenn. Another awesome method - definitely going to try that. Thanks for sharing.

      Delete
  12. Those are my sentiments too, suzy. I am telling people that quite often - especially my kids and even more so Rudy. Nice write.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks D. Both have got me through many difficult times.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment so I know you visited.

However, any inappropriate comments will be removed.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Copyright Protection