Wednesday, May 23, 2012

ABC Wednesday - Round 10 - S is for ...




All things me - Suzy





So let's start with my name ... Suzy was a nickname I had in school (some school friends still call me Suzy).  And I often heard this song being sung around me.

So here it is

Suzie Q written by Dale Hawkins and made famous by Creedence Clearwater Revival.




Someday Somewhere, the name of my blog.
I just couldn't think of a name for my blog and then the name came to me as I was listening to this song -

Someday Somewhere - Demis Roussos




Shirley Bassey is one of my favourite singers and Something (written by George Harrison) is one of my favourite songs so the perfect choice for the S prompt.

I've often been asked what the physical attraction factor is for me and I've had to think a bit about this. But this song sums it up nicely ... Something in the way he moves, something in the way he knows, something in the way he smiles.

So here it is,  Something by Shirley Bassey



Have a simply super day and check out some more S entries at ABC Wednesday


Warm Regards
Photobucket


28 comments:

  1. Suzy Q might be better h an what I was nicknamed -- Sandra Dee.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh those nicknames! Thanks Sandra for commenting.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thanks Humor after 50. Glad you liked them.

      Delete
  3. almost no one knows SCREAMIN' Jay Hawkins! not surprising that YOU would.
    ROG, ABC Wednesday team

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great collection, Suzy. Thanks for bringing back the memories!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Corinne, you are welcome. SuzieQ brings back a whole lot for me.

      Delete
  5. As soon as i saw the name of your blog, I thought you would be a good bet for an interesting "S" post and I was right. You hit on a thought that I hadn't articulated (physical attraction) and George Harrison's "Something" has long been a favourite song of mine. I'm listening to Shirley Bassey as i write this and she's wonderful! What a great start to the day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Carol. Shirley Bassey is awesome.

      Delete
  6. Such a perfect letter for you Suzy!

    S is for..
    Rose, ABC Wednesday Team

    ReplyDelete
  7. Replies
    1. Thanks Nikky. I love the songs he sings.

      Delete
  8. Replies
    1. Thanks Terri. I enjoyed their music too.

      Delete
  9. Hey Suzy ...I'm visiting from Andy's May blog hop...yeh I am a little behind in reading. Lovely blog that you have. Ill be back to visit more often :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mary. Will be glad to have you drop by.

      Delete
  10. Dear Suzy,
    I remembered that song...Suzy Q (smile). The songs you picked reveal that you are a very ROMANTIC lady. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Andy - I guess I am a romantic at heart.

      Delete
  11. A great song to be attached to your name.
    Joy - ABC Team

    ReplyDelete
  12. Cool videos to round out your S post! Loved it.

    Kathy
    http://gigglingtruckerswife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. "S" all around nice word and sensual song .Like it:)

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment so I know you visited.

However, any inappropriate comments will be removed.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Copyright Protection