Wednesday, May 2, 2012

ABC Wednesday - Round 10 - P is for ..

Pretty Little Baby

This was an easy choice this week as this song brings back a whole lot of memories.

Many moons ago just after I finished University, I worked in a travel agency that belonged to a friend.


One of the overseas clients who visited Bombay on his many business trips would drop by the agency and on each of his visits, he would sing this song to me. A most embarrassing moment back then, but it brings a smile to my face now.

A stranger tucked away in the far recesses of my mind, suddenly surfaces to provide a moment of happy thoughts.

Flashback to that day when the stranger first walked into that agency. He sat in front of me, a smile on his face. Then he leaned forward, looked into my eyes and crooned this number.

But back to the song ...

Pretty little baby was released in 1962 by Connie Francis and was subsequently sung by her in Italian and Japanese.

Here is the english version that takes me back to 1980 and makes me giggle.


Youtube - Pretty Little Baby


 But I think the Japanese version is just too cute, even though I don't understand a word of it.

And perhaps if the stranger had sung Kawaii baby instead, I might have followed him. (oh lol).


Youtube - Kawaii baby

Lyrics
kawaii baby hai hai, kawaii baby hai hai 
kawaii baby to yobuno wa aishiiteru kara ka shira 
pretty little baby kawaii baby . 
kotoritachino utau koe aino uta ni kikoeru no 
pretty little baby suteki na baby 
koi wo suru tte suteki janai wakai ko no hi wo 
futaride sugoshimashou itsu itsu made mo
ima sugu atte, soshite itte 
wasurerarenu ano kotoba
pretty little baby watashino baby 
pretty little baby hai hai watashino baby hai hai

(lyrics copied from the youtube page so  I have no idea if they are correct - update - my Japanese friend tells me the lyrics are correct.)


To all you pretty little babies, have the most perfect day.

Check out some other P entries at ABC Wednesday  and some "Strangers" at GBE2


Warm Regards
Photobucket



28 comments:

  1. Oh what a positively wonderful post. I also post about music, but from a different perspective!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Meryl. Music is always a fun post to do. thanks for dropping by.

      Delete
  2. Loved your story.. it really made me smile to imagine the gentleman singing to you, and your embarrassment (tinged with little bit of pleasure, I hope). Good choice of P word and interesting info about the song as well. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Carol. I guess I was a little pleased. oh lol. Thanks for visiting.

      Delete
  3. I know I have versions of this song, but not by Ms Francis

    ROG, ABC Wednesday team

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful post-- thanks for sharing the lyrics :D

    Cheers, Jenn

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a marvelous memory of a happy stranger.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks GPD. It's those memories that take you into happy spaces.

      Delete
  6. That was a fun romp through memories. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks K~ I had fun too reliving those moments.

      Delete
  7. Cute story! A crooner, eh? Nice take on "The Stranger."

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello Suzy,
    What a fun post! The Japanese version definitely made me smile.
    So, a stranger serenaded you huh? You sure it wasn't me...that's just the sort of thing I would do to! LOL Thanks for sharing.

    I'm inviting you to join me this Saturday May 5th for Blog Hop Saturday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Andy. I love the Japanese version too. And I could just see you serenading someone. oh lol.

      Delete
    2. Dear Suzy,
      LOL...it's the romantic poet in me!

      Thanks for linking to Blog Hop Saturday! I changed up the time to start earlier to accommodate my faraway friends. I hope you get lots of visits (smile). Have a wonderful weekend & thanks again! <3

      Delete
    3. Thanks for hosting. Enjoy your weekend.

      Delete
  9. Replies
    1. Thanks Anthony. Glad you enjoyed it. I enjoyed writing it.

      Delete
  10. Hi Suzy, I like the Japanese version and I can understand it little :)

    by the way, I'm a new blogger from the Philippines. I came from Andy's Blog Hop Saturday.

    you may visit my blog [Color and Grays] here

    PS. I just click that follow button

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Colours and Grays. Thanks for visiting my blog and for following me. I like the Japanese version too.

      Delete
  11. Hello Suzy. I'm visiting from Andy's blog hop. Nice to meet/follow you. I love Connie Francis.

    Denise

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Denise for visiting and following. My mother was also a fan of Connie Francis and we heard her constantly around the house. I guess at some point I became a fan too. The songs of yesteryears delight me more.

      Delete
  12. That's really cute..a stranger coming and singing just for you..I can imagine how you must've felt at that time..Happy as well as embarassed..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Shobha. I was more embarrassed than anything else. But now it makes me smile. Thanks for dropping by and leaving a comment. I love your blog and I'm a new follower.

      Delete

Please leave a comment so I know you visited.

However, any inappropriate comments will be removed.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Copyright Protection