Monday, October 16, 2017

A new type of Meditation ... #writebravely #WriteTribeProBlogger #MondayMusings

I've always enjoyed doodling.  And now it has a fancy name Zentangling.  I bought myself a teach it yourself Zentangling book but somehow learning to Zentangle didn't gel very well. I think I am too impatient to learn the techniques.

But I love to doodle freehand. Some days ago I came across the Inktober challenge but I was too late to join.  I thought I would do the challenge anyway just for myself and Zentangling seemed to be most appropriate. Each day I Zentangle and as I do it, I find it quite meditative.

So now I've discovered a new type of meditation. No wonder it's called Zen-tangling.

Here is one of my Zentangles. Not the best and I could've done a whole lot better. But it will do for now.



A child isn't thinking about whether their painting is good enough.
They're just enjoying painting.
~ Billy Fingers (from the book The Aferlife of Billy Fingers)


Have you tried your hand at Zentangling?


Write Tribe

Written for:
#WriteTribeProBlogger Challenge
#MondayMusings


Warm Regards
Photobucket




Follow me on
My facebook page Suzy's Ilation
Bloglovin
Pinterest Suzy Que
Google+ Suzy Que
Instagram Suzy.Ila

8 comments:

  1. Doodling is the best form of art. There is no right or wrong technique to it. And its the most expressive. All the best!

    ReplyDelete
  2. nice meditating technique. this surely relaxes

    ReplyDelete
  3. A nice way of de-stressing yourself. Doodling also helps you think clearly at times.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's really cute Suzy. I do like doodling here and there but haven't tried zentangling

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am not artistic and I haven't tried this but I love seeing everyone's designs online. Love this...reminds me of a hummingbird and a bit like my tattoo :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Creative way of meditating.. loved your doodling..

    ReplyDelete
  7. indeed, learning a new thing is sometimes too hard..I had not tried this, would love to try it in future. thanks for sharing this.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love doodling but never tried Zentangling. Loved your design.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment so I know you visited.

However, any inappropriate comments will be removed.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Copyright Protection