Saturday, August 3, 2019

Outside My Window #WordsMatter

Each morning I look outside my window and sip my cup of chai. It's a peaceful time of day. Even though the scene is the same - the sky, the hills, the houses in the distance, the trees in my garden, the birds flying around - each day is different.

Some days the sky looks stormy, some days clear and bright. Some days you can see all the little details in the hills, some days they disappear in the mist. Each season brings a different hue to the hills and transforms the plants in my garden. There isn't a single day that looks the same. 

Nature has taught me that nothing stays the same, the storms will come, the storms will go and the sun will shine again. The trees will bend and sway or remain still, leaves will fall and then grow again, the flowers will bloom, wither away and then bloom again.

Life is like that too. There are ups and downs. Sometimes life looks bright and cheery and sometimes it feels hard and lonely. We must learn to take the good with the bad and know that the bad times won't stay forever. 

When life feels like a cloudy sky, I try to remember that the sun just hides behind the clouds and will come shining through.

And as I look outside my window, I am learning to appreciate each changing day because every daily nuance is a new experience.

scenes from outside my window taken over the last six months


The sky takes on shades of orange during sunrise and sunset, the colour that gives you hope that the sun will set only to rise again.  ~ Ram Charan


I am taking part in the #WordsMatter monthly bloghop.  There are 47 of us on this Blog Hop and it will be spread over 3 days – 2, 3, 4 August. Check out some awesome posts at the Frangipani Creative. on this month's prompt "Outside my window".

I received this tag from Rajlakshmi at Destiny's Child and I am passing it on to Roshan at GodYears.


May the storms you weather be small ones. Have an awesome day.

Warm Regards
Photobucket





Follow me on
My facebook page Suzy's Ilation
Bloglovin
Pinterest Suzy Que
Google+ Suzy Que
Instagram Suzy.Ila
YouTube SuzysIlation Suzy Que

24 comments:

  1. How lucky you are to live in such scenic splendour . And I like the way you’ve compared every changing day to ever changing nature .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sunita. It is beautiful and peaceful but sometimes I miss the hustle and bustle outside Mumbai windows.

      Delete
  2. The view outside your window is fabulous. It's so amazing to see such lovely colors right from your home.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Raj. Sunsets and sunrises here can be pretty spectacular.

      Delete
  3. The view outside your window is breath-taking! You are absolutely right, sometimes the brightness in our life is shadowed by dark clouds but we must be patient and wait for them to pass away so that the sun can shine bright again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kala. Good times will return and this too shall pass is one of my favourite quotes.

      Delete
  4. What amazing views and what a great learning!! True, accepting, appreciating and embracing the change is the way forward for everything! Thought-provoking post, Suzy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Shilpa. Nature is a great teacher if we are tuned into her.

      Delete
  5. I love that image... It is so telling of how things change over time...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Doc. Glad you liked the visuals. I thought I would put that together because sometimes pictures speak a thousand words.

      Delete
  6. You have such a lovely view Suzy. So peaceful. I love the lessons that nature taught you, we should all keep that i mind. Nothing stays the same. Lovely soothing post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Balaka. Glad my post was soothing.

      Delete
  7. Lovely pictures accompanying the window musings Suzy. You really live in a very gorgeous corner of the world - nature surrounds you all around.

    Yes nothing remains the same yet we persist on and thats something we all need to work on!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Couldn’t agree more on that thought! The only constant in our life is the change. We have to face it, learn, adapt and move forward!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That change is the only constant in our lives is a lesson that's apparent all around us in Nature and yet we are always caught by surprise when life takes an unexpected turn. You've put it so beautifully Suzy and I love the picture.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous views through your window Suzy. You brought truth of life with your words. Beautifully penned.

    ReplyDelete
  11. The views are so beautiful, Suzy. There is a certain calmness about this post that I like.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow what a picturesque window sight.
    I agree with you that our life, moods, emotions are similar to views in nature. Nature is truly inspiring.
    Very thoughtful and lovely post.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow you are lucky to see those scenic beauties daily. I really agree that, Change is constant in life, without which there is no fun

    ReplyDelete
  14. I always love the views you share, Suzy. I like how you put them together in this post and reflected on them. Life is indeed made up of light and dark, ups and downs. If only we would learn to observe it and accept it.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks for sharing these gorgeous photographs with us, Suzy. And yout take on the prompt is amazing. Thanks for participating in the bloghop. Hope you had fun!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh I love to skywatch! Such amazing pictures. You have captured the many moods of life!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful thought and I loved those pictures. So gorgeous. As I read your post, I told myself to calm down when things go bad and be grateful in good times. Thanks Suzy for making your words matter. I’m so glad you joined the bloghop.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Please accept my apology for visiting your post so late.
    A warm lovely thought expressed in this post struck a chord with me, that subtle nuances of every day life do have new lessons to teach, new frontiers to enjoy and enliven! All one needs is careful eye and conscious soul!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment so I know you visited.

However, any inappropriate comments will be removed.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Copyright Protection