Tuesday, February 6, 2018

Lord Hear Our Prayer ... #FridayReflections #MondayMusings #MicroblogMondays #openslather

For such a long time, mankind has prayed for peace in this world. I am a great believer of collective consciousness, that combined, our prayers and thoughts truly manifest and I am sure that the peaceful warriors vastly outweigh the destroyers.

Why then is there so much destruction on Earth both in the form of natural and man-made calamities?

This is a question I ask myself over and over again? What is lacking in our prayers? I am convinced it is not a lack of sincerity.

Today is a public holiday in New Zealand - Waitangi Day. I took the day off yesterday to make it a long weekend and that gave me time to ponder over this question. But the answer seemed elusive.

Then when you least expect it, the answer comes. So yesterday as I was focussed on my art work (a hobby I absolutely love), the answer popped into my head ...

The Lord, the Universe simply can't bring peace into this world because they gave us free will. The only people who can bring peace is us. But how? And then this thought manifested in my head:

The only way to bring peace to the world is if we all act with love, kindness and compassion. 

And so my prayer each day has changed. Instead of asking the Lord, the Universe to bring peace, I now pray that all our acts be done with love, kindness and compassion, and that our actions are beneficial to those around us.

Have you ever pondered this question and what do you think, how can peace prevail on Earth? Share your thoughts in the comments.

Sharing the art I was working on when these thoughts arrived:

created for the pick a stick Feb challenge #PASC0218
details on this in another post.

Post written for:
#FridayReflections hosted by KohlEyedMe and Corinne Rodrigues - "Something significant that has happened to you in the last week/ month"

Linking to:
#MondayMusings
#MicroblogMondays
#openslather

Wishing you all a peace filled week.


Warm Regards
Photobucket




Follow me on
My facebook page Suzy's Ilation
Bloglovin
Pinterest Suzy Que
Google+ Suzy Que
Instagram Suzy.Ila

10 comments:

  1. I think you are right - it is up to all of us. Happy Waitangi Day and thank you for stopping by my blog last week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Waitangi Day, Suzy! Hope you're enjoying the long weekend! The prayer you are sending out into the universe is a much-needed one as we step into a world that is precariously perched with too many issues ready to unsettle all of us, unless we act right.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is something worth pondering over, Suzy! Sending out prayers, or vibes into the Universe asking for peace, or doing every thing we do with peace and love - I think the latter is what will bring back the peace and the love we send out into the Universe!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sometimes I wonder if the haters outnumber the ones who love, but I think it is because the vast majority of people either are overwhelmed by simple survival, or otherwise sit on the spiritual sidelines. So thankful for those who do care, and try to bring peace through their actions. Alana ramblinwitham.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's so right. It's only our acts with love, kindness and compassion that will bring peace and happiness around us. Amen to your prayer!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful thought. Our acts should be of kindness and that should bring peace to us. If all of us do one random act of kindness it could make a huge difference.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The world can certainly do with a lot more compassion and kindness, Suzy. Great reminder and I love the art.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Loved that art piece. And you're right too - only we can bring peace, provided more of us are committed to it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. There are too many that do not act in this way, it is sad for the world. An apt prayer. xx

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment so I know you visited.

However, any inappropriate comments will be removed.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Copyright Protection