Tuesday, October 9, 2018

Best Friend Stories #LifeThisWeek #FridayReflections


picture prompt for Friday Reflections

Friends come in many shapes and sizes and there are so many best friend stories tucked away in memory, too many to relate.

But the best way I thought was to dedicate a song to each friend. So here goes.

For V - this is our song "You Got A Friend" by Carole King. We were in standard 10 when V's parents migrated to the US. She gave me a calendar with the words of this song. I still have that calendar in a box somewhere. Even across the miles it's as if there are no miles between us, my very special friend.

For R - I chose "When I Need You" by Leo Sayer R and I were in school together and at University. There are so many songs that could be dedicated to her but this is the one I chose in memory of those Uni days when two particular boys ruled our hearts.

For N - I chose "Sweet and Innocent" by Donny Osmond because this brings back memories of the young schoolgirls we were with our pigtails. N - still very sweet, perhaps not so innocent (I mean that in a nice way).

For A - I chose "I'll Meet You Halfway" by David Cassidy. A was a David Cassidy fan so it's most appropriate to choose a DC number and this is my favourite one.

For A2 - Whenever I think of A2 during our teenage years, I remember the songs by Lena Zavaroni, so for A2 I chose "Ma He's Making Eyes At Me". A2 threw the best parties ever and we had so much fun.

For S D R and myself - The gang of 4 at Uni - I chose "My Heart Will Go On" by Celine Dion - Still in touch with each other, still as if we were never apart even though S is in London, D in Mumbai, and R and myself in NZ but in different cities.

Hope you enjoyed my best friend stories told through songs. I won't be sharing any pictures because I'm not sure they would want their pics splashed across the web.

Remembering the good times is what I love about life this week. The memories always make me smile and recalling those moments make me feel like I'm there all over again.

I was going to vlog this but unfortunately ran out of time.

What's a best friend story that you can never forget - share in the comments below.

Written  for:
#LifeThisWeek (Best Friend Stories)
#FridayReflections (Picture Prompt)

Linking to:
#OpenSlather
#MondayMusings



Warm Regards
Photobucket





Follow me on
My facebook page Suzy's Ilation
Bloglovin
Pinterest Suzy Que
Google+ Suzy Que
Instagram Suzy.Ila
YouTube SuzysIlation Suzy Que

19 comments:

  1. There are plenty of times I recall when I could have been a better friend, but you are right, remember the good times. Love how you've matched your friend with a song. I remember going to a few concerts with my best friend from high school, but I will never forget when we did a dance routine to Wild Boys by Duran Duran in school!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Alicia. Those school days hold many memories. Thanks for sharing yours.

      Delete
  2. How lovely to associate your friends with music like this!

    Thanks for linking up for Life This Week. Next week's optional prompt is What I Have Learned Lately. 15/10/18. Denyse.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Denyse. Those songs hold many memories.

      Delete
  3. How lovely to remember your friends through songs. I too have certain songs I associate with my friends. For instance I always remember my oldest friend with whom I am still in touch whenever I hear the songs by Herman's Hermits.....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sunita. Herman's Hermits had some great songs - Something is Happening is my favourite of theirs.

      Delete
  4. I have three besties and even I have a few songs associated with each one of them. Your post reminded me of my own friends. Beautiful indeed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sonia. Glad my post brought back memories of your friends.

      Delete
  5. Oh this is such a wonderful way to remember your friendships. Did you share this post with all of them? I am sure they would love reading this too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Shanaya. Yes, I should share with them.

      Delete
  6. Good friends always create great memories which will bring smile on our face even after many years.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So true Mahathi. Memories are just like I was there again.

      Delete
  7. My best friend and I have been together since almost 30 years now...right from the time I was in the 11th and she in 10th grade. She is in the US, but we stay connected like we have always been. She is my pillar of strength.
    Another bestie has been with me since I worked at a school where we were colleagues. It's been 18 years now for our friendship and we are still as close as we were, or may be more!

    Loved reading your best friend stories!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Shilpa. I always tell my children - make new friends, don't forget the old. New friends are silver, old friends are gold!

      Delete
  8. So nice that you associate your friendships with a song each! Never thought of it that way. :) I bet they'd love to read your post and see how you've dedicated something special to each one of them.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I find this a pretty unique way of remembering friends, Suzy. But then music is such an important part of your life!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Corinne. You are so right. Music - I could not live without it.

      Delete
  10. Hi Susy. I'm not very musical. I'm one of those who likes a few songs, but don't actively go looking for more and rarely listen even to those I do like. I prefer more direct thoughtful things going through my head. The way I do like to recall good friends is by writing about them. For example I had a great friend in my first college in San Francisco who happened to have much darker skin than me. This was not an issue for me, but it did make a fun story possible. If you'd like to take a quick 10 minutes to read and enjoy it, I would be honored and like many others, might enjoy my: https://garyawilsonstories.wordpress.com/the-most-audacious-birthday-gift/
    This was so much fun to pull off. I'm thinking it really is time I track him down and see how life has treated him.

    Hope this finds you well and blessed.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment so I know you visited.

However, any inappropriate comments will be removed.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Copyright Protection