Monday, November 5, 2012

Blogfest - Favourite Halloween Memory


Kathy Combs is the host for this prompt for Blogfest 2012

Halloween is not celebrated widely in New Zealand and never heard of it when I was back in India. 

But some years ago the mall close to where I live (in NZ) hosted a Halloween party for kids - the idea was to keep kids supervised in a safe environment, off the streets and out of the cold and wet (the weather here is so unpredictable).

This was my son's first Halloween. He dressed up as Batman and his "loot catcher" was an ordinary plastic bag with a picture of a pumpkin that my daughter pasted on.

He was so cute. As we walked from shop to shop he whispered trick or treat - so quietly you could barely hear him. The sales people in the shops just loved him. He came home with a lot of loot.

Unfortunately that was the only year the mall did a Halloween party. So that was really the only one we ever participated in.



Warm Regards
Photobucket

4 comments:

  1. He was cute and he looks like he is having the time of his life! Thank you for posting on my topic. I simply loved the picture!

    Kathy
    http://gigglingtruckerswife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kathy - we had a lot of fun that day. Thanks for visiting.

      Delete
  2. Wow, I've heard stories of people not participating, but never even hearing of it? I've grown up with the holiday my whole life, so this is a hard concept to wrap my brain around. I'm glad your son got to experience it for one year, it makes a very distinguished batman :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Adelia. I'm glad too he got to experience one. Thanks for dropping by.

      Delete

Please leave a comment so I know you visited.

However, any inappropriate comments will be removed.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Copyright Protection