Saturday, May 19, 2018

The Making Of A #Vlog for #PASCATC0518 #chaiwithsuzy

Vlog02: Today's vlog is about the making of the pick a stick ATC  (artist trading card) challenge for May 2018.

The challenge is hosted monthly by Shel C and Peg Robinson. See youtube for details. 

So grab a cuppa and join me in the making of #PASCATC0518





Some notes on my creation:
  • Done entirely in watercolour.
  • Crush - the clouds were made by crushing a soft tissue and wiping off the paint
  • Layer - the hills were created by layering - I had about 4 layers with the darkest on the horizon
  • Mix - I mixed orange and white to create a coral colour for the lupins and then mixed in a bit of red.
          But I should've used a better quality watercolour paper!


There were some comments from my last vlog on how I made the video and uploaded it so here are some quick notes on that.
  • Then I used Windows Movie Maker on my laptop to edit the video and stitch bits together
  • I don't know about other blogging sites, but blogger has an insert video facility that I used to upload the video. I could also upload to my youtube channel and then embed here but I'm not yet ready for youtube exposure. (update 03 june: uploaded on youtube)
Maybe in the future I will make a video on how I create my vlogs but I hope for now these short notes will do. 

I enjoyed painting and making this video and I hope you enjoyed it too. Join me again next week for another #vlog and #chaiwithsuzy. 

Have an awesome week.

Linking to:
#FridayReflections hosted by Everyday Gyaan and Kohl Eyed Me





Warm Regards
Photobucket



Follow me on

14 comments:

  1. Great start, Suzy. I'm planning to start vlogging soon, so this was very helpful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Corinne. Glad this was helpful. I am enjoying the vlogging and look forward to yours.

      Delete
  2. For all that I take still photographs, vlogging is something I really haven't tried. It's also been years and years since I tried to watercolor. Very nice! The Unknown Journey Ahead agingonthespectrum.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Bookworm. I am really enjoying the vlogging and glad I started.

      Delete
  3. This is gorgeous, Suzy! And I am sure it isn't as easy as you made it look! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Deliciously Alive. Very true, the filiming and editing is quite a task!

      Delete
  4. This is brilliant, Suzy! I especially loved how you created the clouds! It's so natural and realistic! Thanks for joining in Friday Reflections. Hope to see you around :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Shalz. I learned the cloud technique from makoccino on youtube. The layering is also a technique I learned from her.

      Delete
  5. This is lovely Suzy. I really want to create videos of my sketches but Haven't figured put the whole setup thing. Will take some inspiration from you 😊

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Raj. I spent a few weeks looking at youtube videos on how to make a vlog. I still don't have a great setup but it works.

      Delete
  6. This looks great! The clouds especially :)

    All the best and wishing you tons of luck for this new start.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Planning to give vlogging a try after all these years... will need a tripod though. :)

    Godyears.net

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Will look forward to your vlogs. Yep, tripod definitely needed.

      Delete

Please leave a comment so I know you visited.

However, any inappropriate comments will be removed.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Copyright Protection