Monday, April 24, 2017

The Day Came When ... #atozchallenge letter T @AprilA2Z

My theme for the 2017 AtoZ Challenge is "Daily Thoughts".

Each day I will post a thought that comes to mind. The first word of the thought will correspond with the letter of the day.

So here is my thought for the letter T





The day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud
was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
~ Anain Nin


Cat Graham who blogs at Cattitude and Gratitude posted the above quote in one of our blogging groups on facebook and I thought it was perfect for the letter T.

Even though we may be frustrated or hate the current situation we are in, taking the first step to make a change is always a hard thing to do. We have an inherent fear of the unknown and prefer the comfort zone even though it may be a living hell.

But at some point we may be compelled to take that first step, to break free from that which no longer serves us well. Either we are forced to do it because of circumstances or we just decide enough is enough or a new opportunity arises that looks like it is just too good not to miss.

Sometimes the risk pays off and sometimes it doesn't. However unless the risk is taken, we will never know. Sometimes we have to stop analysing and weighing up as the mind can be a powerful influencer and flash the fear alarms.

From experience, the risks I have taken have always been worth it. I also believe that when the time is right, an invisible hand pushes us across the line.


What are your thoughts? Have you ever been compelled to take that first step out of a bad situation? Did the risk pay off? Share in the comments below.

If you do leave a comment, please make it easy for me and add a link to your blog / post. Thanks.

Written for the #atozchallenge drop by and check out some awesome posts.

My posts so far
All roads lead to your destiny               
Be like the river       
Change occurs at every moment
Do or do not              
Expectation              
Find the Fun
Great Minds Think Alike
Help Comes
Inaction can
Journeys
Kite Flying
Live as if
Music
Now and then
Open Doors
Patience
Quieting the mind
Respond Intelligently
Success is defined


Warm Regards
Photobucket




Follow me on
My facebook page Suzy's Ilation
Bloglovin
Pinterest Suzy Que
Google+ Suzy Que
Instagram Suzy.Ila

9 comments:

  1. I have recalled this quote each time I had to take a particularly perilous step.
    Some risks just have to be taken.
    It's either stepping across the chasm or staying where you are.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really have to make a big effort for those sorts of leaps, but the not knowing and wondering is definitely a worse place to be!

    ReplyDelete
  3. "when the time is right, an invisible hand pushes us across the line."
    That's exactly how it's been for me most of the time.
    And I love that quote! It's what forced me to open my store after so many years of thinking about it!
    Happy AtoZing!
    Chicky @ www.mysteriouskaddu.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I honestly find myself in that situation right now. And it is unnerving and scary... not knowing the future and having to take a big leap of faith.

    Tabrizi's Restaurant - Choosing Humanity over Profit

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh - stepping out of our comfort zone can be so difficult and painful, yet if we really want to get anywhere in life, then it is so needed. Thanks for sharing the thought!

    Visiting from the A to Z Challenge. See My “T” post here: https://lydiahowe.com/2017/04/24/t-is-for-tenacity-atozchallenge/

    ReplyDelete
  6. totally agree with this quote though its very scary to step out of one;s comfort zone to do something totally unexpected and untried!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I grew up in a neighborhood in New York City that was rapidly changing, and not for the better. My choices were remain, or leave. I left. It wasn't easy, but I had support, and I did it. Alana ramblinwitham.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beyond fear and apprehension, lies happiness and learnings and a whole new world. The choice is ours. Loved the quote you shared.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've written about this a lot when it came to leaving my old job - sometimes you just have to be brave and take the step and believe in yourself.
    Leanne | cresting the hill

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment so I know you visited.

However, any inappropriate comments will be removed.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Copyright Protection