Wednesday, April 19, 2017

Patience is ... #atozchallenge letter P @AprilA2Z

My theme for the 2017 AtoZ Challenge is "Daily Thoughts".

Each day I will post a thought that comes to mind. The first word of the thought will correspond with the letter of the day.

So here is my thought for the letter P


Pohutakawa flowers

Patience is a necessity
Life needs to unfold slowly


Each morning when I get off the bus, I watch the crowd surge forward towards my work building. There are those that walk briskly, there are those that are deep in conversation on their cellphones or chatting with a friend. And then there are those who walk slowly and look around.

Eventually we all meet up at the pedestrian crossing and have to wait for the lights to turn green. And then there are those that live on the edge and cross in between buses whizzing by. Eventually we all meet up at the lifts of my building. Really no need to hurry - we all meet up at the same place just a few minutes apart.  

Some days ago I decided to be more mindful of that short walk. I discovered so many things enroute - trees with hanging roots that I've passed by for the last 4 years and never noticed. Other plants along the way, and a little bench to rest on. One of these days I'll even stop and take a few pictures.

I think this quote sums up my thoughts well ...

The key to everything is patience.
You get the chicken by hatching the egg, not by smashing it.
~Arnold H Glasow~


Have you ever walked the same route many times and suddenly noticed something? Share in the comments below

If you do leave a comment, make it easy for me and leave a link to your blog / post.

Teaser for the letter Q: Quietening the mind ...

Written for the #atozchallenge drop by and check out some awesome posts.

My posts so far
All roads lead to your destiny               
Be like the river       
Change occurs at every moment
Do or do not                     
Expectation              
Find the Fun
Great Minds Think Alike
Help Comes
Inaction can
Journeys
Kite Flying
Live as if
Music
Now and then
Open Doors



Warm Regards
Photobucket




Follow me on
My facebook page Suzy's Ilation
Bloglovin
Pinterest Suzy Que
Google+ Suzy Que
Instagram Suzy.Ila

12 comments:

  1. I feel the same on roads... Some drivers are always in a hurry. Eventually we end up meeting at the stop signal. Patience is a virtue and it needs to be cultivated :) yes, I once discovered a walking track right behind the bushes which I had earlier crossed umpteenth times.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've noticed this so often on Delhi roads. Drivers barge their way through traffic, almost run other cars off the road in their haste to get wherever they are going. More often than not, I see them standing a few cars ahead at the nearest red light. All that rush and stress for nothing.

    Cheers!
    Modern Gypsy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Everybody seems to be in a hurry these days - it's that fear of missing out thing with younger people. There never seems to be an emphasis on slowing down or appreciating things. I try to remember to look around when I walk - sometimes I forget, but when I do remember, there is always something lovely waiting to be discovered.
    Leanne | cresting the hill

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've written my P post on patience too. I love the example you have stated of the egg giving chicken by hatching and not by smashing. Patience surely is a virtue to achieve slow yet effective results.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Reading your post has made me realise that I am one of those impatient people you mentioned. In being in a hurry I miss out everyday surprises round the corner.
    Thanks for sharing the picture of the Pohutakawa Flowers, this is the first i have seen or heard of them and they look wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Patience is not the ability to wait, but its the ability to keep good attitude while waiting!
    After reading the post, I have promised myself that I will take the notice of the surroundings while going to drop my daughter at the school bus pick up point. Am sure I will discover many things new!
    ------------------------------------------------
    Anagha From Team MocktailMommies
    Collage Of Life

    ReplyDelete
  7. Patience is a virtue which we all need in our life. My father was a very patient man and I learnt it from him to be patient in all the situations. It really helps but now I think I am not that patient as much as I used to be.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sometimes we just need to slow down a little. Yes, there is a funny sign board on my way to work that I hadn't noticed for almost a year of walking down the same way!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well said. You get the chicken by hatching the egg, not by smashing it. In this fast paced life that we lead, we are always in a hurry and have not much patience to really look around and enjoy things around us. Love your example of people finally meeting at the lift...

    ReplyDelete
  10. I suspect we'd all benefit from indulging more in slow time - where we really are present to what's going on around us. It's delightful when you find something you've never seen before in a place you've been many times before. Sometimes I think it's like a little treasure placed there for only those who look will find.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I think if you have hope in your heart, patience becomes easier. When we feel hopeless, it's hard to be patient.

    Qarrtsiluni and Querencia: Exotic Words with no English Equivalent

    ReplyDelete
  12. How true that Suzy - when you slow down you seem to notice things all around which you never saw before! I look forward to seeing some pics! :-)

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment so I know you visited.

However, any inappropriate comments will be removed.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Copyright Protection