Friday, April 14, 2017

Live As If ... #atozchallenge letter L @AprilA2Z

My theme for the 2017 AtoZ Challenge is "Daily Thoughts".

Each day I will post a thought that comes to mind. The first word of the thought will correspond with the letter of the day.

So here is my thought for the letter L



Live as if everything is rigged in your favour
~ Rumi


I struggled with a thought for L, then as luck would have it someone posted the above on instagram. So that's the thought I'm going with today. And since less is more, I'm also going to make this post short.

I think Rumi was an amazing poet (one of my favourites). His poems are very spiritual and I think with the above quote, he really cracked the secret to what we call the law of attraction now.

Here's a poem I wrote some years ago as a tribute to Rumi called Writers Are Lovers


Oh Rumi
Ardent student of Tabrizi
Your poems soothe the soul

Spiritual ecstasy
Divine intimacy
An ode to Spirit
Does truly uplift

Devotion to love
Peaceful like a dove
Heavenly mysticism
Entwined in Him

Spiritually liberating
Life exhilarating
Immortalised in verse
With heartfelt verve

Oh Rumi
Ardent student of Tabrizi
A gift for those who seek their soul

~x~



Rumi gave us such an uplifting quote. Do you think you could give it a try - to live as if everything is rigged in your favour?

If you do leave a comment, make it easy for me and leave a link to your blog / post.

Teaser for the letter M: Music is ...

Written for the #atozchallenge drop by and check out some awesome posts.

My posts so far
All roads lead to your destiny          
Be like the river       
Change occurs at every moment
Do or do not                               
Expectation              
Find the Fun
Great Minds Think Alike
Help Comes
Inaction can
Journeys
Kite Flying


Warm Regards
Photobucket




Follow me on
My facebook page Suzy's Ilation
Bloglovin
Pinterest Suzy Que
Google+ Suzy Que
Instagram Suzy.Ila

23 comments:

  1. I'm not much of a scholar when it comes to poetry and am not familiar with Rumi, but I do love this quote. I think that having a positive attitude and faith in yourself and life itself is about 99% of the battle. Thanks for your thoughts!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Marcy. If nothing else, a positive attitude certainly keeps one in a happy mood.

      Delete
  2. This is such an optimistic and positive quote! I believe I read something similar in the Bible - to have faith as though all your prayers have already been answered.
    I love Rumi's poetry too. I own a graphic version of his biography, which is in Arabic, but with the English translation on one side of the page. A lovely book!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a meaningful quote that is. Most of the time we think that everything is against us and hence end up making life a battle instead of making it a beautiful journey.
    Here is my post for today : reemadsouza.com/2017/04/atozchallenge-lazy/

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's the spirit Suzi. I truly believe in this quote. Enjoy the day to the fullest as if all the things are working in your favour.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's so motivating, I wish each one of us lived to believe this and I loved your tribute to Rumi.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You only live once, and life is tragically short. Live your life awake. Live your life to the fullest. It’s the only way!

    Launching SIM Organics This April

    *Menaka Bharathi *

    *SimpleIndianMom*

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love Rumi ever since I read the book by Elif Shafak. His quotes are so enriched with meaning n layers, yet they fit just right in today in my life too.

    Lovely quote you picked up Suzy!!!!
    Leather that weathers in Pushkar

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love quotes by Rumi. That's a good one. A good way to try and look at things though some days you sure have to look hard to see the favour! Hahah

    I'm intrigued to know more about him. Loved your poem tribute to him. Your posts always calm me like meditation. Good one!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Rumi's quotes are truly uplifting. And this one particularly, what a wonderful way to look at life!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That's so motivating, Suzy. I was so down today. From the moment I woke up I somehow felt it was going to be a bad day. And whatever I did was going wrong. Be it the food that I prepared, my blog posts, anything and everything! My husband said this to me, to believe that everything will go well and then do it again. Thanks for the quote and your tribute to Rumi is awesome.
    Thailand Travel Stories at Kohl Eyed Me
    26 Indian Dishes at Something's Cooking

    ReplyDelete
  11. I believe in that policy, Suzy! Rumi is wonderful! So down-to-earth and gentle-wise!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Rumi is one of my favorite poets. His wisdom is timeless...and he was such a gentle soul! btw, did you know there's a Rumi oracle by Alana Fairchild? It's quite lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Rumi is one of my favorites. His poems seems to spread peace, positivity, faith and so much wisdom.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow! That's a really positive and a self empowering note. I need to believe in this, this coming week more than ever!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Rumi is my favorite poet and love the way he seeks joy, albeit drunken bliss, in pain. Love your tribute Suzy on spiritual fulfillment and liberation. The flow in your words are exhilarating.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Always good to have a positive attitude versus the world is out to get me attitude!

    ~Mary
    Jingle Jangle Jungle
    #AtoZChallenge 1970's Billboard Hits

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love Rumi, enjoyed reading this blog!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Such a lovely quote. I think it would give us a boost to know that everything is rigged in our favour, that no matter what we do, things are going to work the way we would like them to or better.
    THank you, Rumi and Suzy.

    ReplyDelete
  19. it is so true. Living positively - believing in success - looking on the sunny side. Even if life gives you a down day, it was less down because at least till you found the shadow of the one day, you were living in the light!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment so I know you visited.

However, any inappropriate comments will be removed.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Copyright Protection