Saturday, April 8, 2017

Great Minds ... #atozchallenge letter G @AprilA2Z

My theme for the 2017 AtoZ Challenge is "Daily Thoughts".

Each day I will post a thought that comes to mind. The first word of the thought will correspond with the letter of the day.

So here is my thought for the letter G



Great minds think alike

Have you ever found yourself in a situation where you and someone else said the exact same words?

Few days ago at work a workmate and I responded to a question with the exact words. It took us both by surprise.and we had a good laugh over it.

And that reminded me of my schooldays. In our commercial maths class my friend and I would have a little race to see who would submit their work in first. Somedays she would be first and somedays I would beat her to it.

So one day, we both raced to put our books on the table first. Funnily enough we both reached at the same time. When the books came back the teacher had written the same comment on both our books - Great minds think alike.  In our quest to be first, we both made the same mistake and provided the same wrong answer. Such an apt comment.  This incident always brings a smile to my face.

And had I narrated this story to my dad, he would've shaken his head lovingly and said Haste is waste!

Great minds think alike
Is that a good thing or bad
Depends on your point of view
Or a bit of fun like I had

Sometimes something you do
Sometmes something you say
No matter how it works out
I hope it makes your day

Sometimes it makes you laugh
Sometimes it's a surprise
And when it isn't quite so good
May you find the way to above it rise

~x~


Share a Great minds think alike story that you've experienced.

Poetry was not part of my theme, but April is poetry month. No wonder the poet in me wanted to emerge.


Teaser for the letter H: Help comes ...

Written for the #atozchallenge drop by and check out some awesome posts.

My posts so far
All roads lead to your destiny
Be like the river
Change occurs at every moment
Do or do not
Expectation
Find the Fun



Warm Regards
Photobucket




Follow me on
My facebook page Suzy's Ilation
Bloglovin
Pinterest Suzy Que
Google+ Suzy Que
Instagram Suzy.Ila

25 comments:

  1. Hey Suzy. I agree with you most times so are we great minds too?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had a wonderful roommate in college that I lived with for three years straight and we got to the point where we could just look at each other and know what the other person was thinking. Now my Dear Husband and I often do much the same. I think it drives the kids crazy when we can just communicate with each other with a look or a glance. Love your posts!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A beautiful poem. It happened with me a couple of times when we end up saying same things on chat. It's so hilarious.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This happens all the time with my seven year old and she calls it Personal Jinx and we have lots of fun....Lovely post!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh yea! we both thought alike when we both did mythology during the challenge, remember?

    Shubhangi @ The Little Princess

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hahaha it has happened to me so many times ... Even now sometimes my friend and I type the same thing ��

    ReplyDelete
  7. 'Great minds think alike'.... that happens a lot while writing comments on blog posts. LOL :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's an expression I use with my husband when we are on the same page over something. Today at the hardware store we both thought "this guy is not the sharpest tool in the shop" because he was so useless - gave us both a smile when we realized.
    Leanne | cresting the hill

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh so many times this happens with all of us. We all think or do alike at some time. Lovely poem. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've done that so much with my best friend; we must be sisters separated at birth!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hahaha! Same mistake? :D
    It's always fun when our friends and we think alike. Makes for giggly memories. :D
    Happy AtoZing!
    Chicky @ www.mysteriouskaddu.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. That's happened so many times with me and some of my very close friends! Great minds do think alike!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I've heard this said so many times in my lifetime. It's a sort of mutual flattery where ones potentially smug sense of "greatness" can be shared with another who thinks on a similar plane. Sometimes I'm even more stunned when I write something or say something aloud while the radio or TV are on in the background and almost immediately whoever is talking on the media source will say essentially the same thing I've just said or written. To me that can be a bit uncanny.

    Arlee Bird
    Tossing It Out

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ha ha - we would like Jinx when we said the same things at once! Reminded me of this silliness from school days!! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Well, great minds do think alike. I have those moments with my close friends where we just know what the other is thinking coz we're thinking alike. It's quite amusing actually. :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. That was a good one! I keep using the phrase all the time ;)

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love the poem :) and as for the phrase, I think this is one of those phrases I use a lot for every small and big coincidences :D

    Great Indian Sale

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love it when I'm having the same thoughts as those around me. It's a proper validation that everyone is on the same page.

    ~Mary
    Jingle Jangle Jungle
    #AtoZChallenge 1970's Billboard Hits

    ReplyDelete
  19. I do love it when I come across someone with similar thoughts. It's happened with friends, happens often with my sister and occasionally with colleagues :)

    Ghazal - Love

    ReplyDelete
  20. It often happens, specially when you are planning some activity with your best friend! Lovely poem!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Cute story. I think my daughter and I see things in a similar way because we often come up with the same responses to things.

    ReplyDelete
  22. I use this saying all the time, but I actually think great minds think differently to those around them and that's what makes them great
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  23. It has happened that the friend and I have been on sync with the exact same words at the same time. :-) We've had a laugh at it too.

    ReplyDelete
  24. You reminded me my Dad finished the quote with "fools seldom differ". Works both ways.

    A to Z Theme: Sharing Family History via #GenealogyPhotoADay
    Regards Fran from TravelGenee Blog

    ReplyDelete
  25. Hi Suzy - thanks for your comment - it's good to meet you here ... Great Minds Do Meet together don't they ... love your stories - I don't think I've ever had anything that close - but sometimes definitely have similar thoughts to colleagues or family ... cheers and see you tomorrow - Hilary

    http://positiveletters.blogspot.co.uk/2017/04/h-is-for-horse.html

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment so I know you visited.

However, any inappropriate comments will be removed.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Copyright Protection