Sunday, August 7, 2016

Make No Promises #BarAThon

Make no promises. Promises keep you focused on what your mind wants you to do.

But it is the soul that knows the path you must take and that may not be the path you promised yourself or others.

When your mind is in alignment with your soul, you are in what sports people describe as "being in the zone".

How do you bring your mind in alignment with your soul - it is only with total surrender. It is what I call going with the Universal flow.

The way I exist is to simply live each day as it comes with total surrender to my Lord Rama / Lord Krishna  knowing without a shadow of doubt that He exists with me every moment of every day. And that he guides my path and takes me where I am meant to be.

I make no promises. I just know that I am in the zone when I feel the joy and bliss.

If you must make a promise, make the promise that you will do what brings your soul joy and then surrender to it.

Two years ago I wrote a post on "Paddling Downstream" as part of the AtoZ challenge. This post gives a more detailed perspective of surrender.


“The peace of God is with them whose mind and soul are in harmony, who are free from desire and wrath, who know their own soul.” 


The senses are higher than the body, the mind higher than the senses; 
above the mind is the intellect, and above the intellect is the Atman (soul). 
Thus, knowing that which is supreme, let the Atman rule the ego.
~ Lord Krishna to Prince Arjuna, Bhagavad Gita


Krishna Arjuna Bhagwat Gita
image source http://www.widehdwallpapers.in/lord-krishna/krishna-arjuna-bhagwat-gita.html


I am participating in the Blog-a-rhythm Blogathon. A 7 day blogging festival. 
I am with Team #CrimsonRush
Day 7 prompt is Promise



Warm Regards
Photobucket




Follow me on
My facebook page Suzy's Ilation
Bloglovin
Pinterest Suzy Que
Google+ Suzy Que


12 comments:

  1. Going with flow does keep you calm and collected. Your spirituality seems to be your strength, Suzy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Going with flow does keep you calm and collected. Your spirituality seems to be your strength, Suzy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. that's wonderful... to find that zone of happiness without promises ... I love reading your thoughts :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your posts are always so full of wisdom and peace. They make me feel calm and renewed somehow.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like how your take is so different that mine but it is also so aligned. Making no promises is just like keeping your word. Well said, Suzy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's what self-actualisation would feel like - to go with the flow without any promises or expectations. A perfect journey. Loved your posts over the week Suzy - I always feel they come from a place of peace.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Bringing the mind in alignment with the soul needs is reaching your true potential as a human being. That's such a thought-provoking and profound take on the prompt, Suzy.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's the best way one can make promises to onself!
    Excellently put Suzy!

    Cheers
    Geets

    ReplyDelete
  9. To do what brings your soul joy is the best promise to make. An uplifting and inspiring post, Suzy

    ReplyDelete
  10. This was such a refreshing and contemplative read...understanding the true value of surrender can be freeing in a sense. it sets you free like nothing else. Beautiful post Suzy!

    Shubhangi @ The Little Princess

    ReplyDelete
  11. One realizes the futility of charting out plans, plots and promises only when one understands and accepts that all our actions are orchestrated by the Supreme Being. Beautiful and liberating! Love your posts Suzy, they leave behind a sense of serenity and harmony.

    ReplyDelete
  12. When every one else is making promises to themselves, make no promises feels so good.
    'If you must make a promise, make the promise that you will do what brings your soul joy and then surrender to it' - this is the advice I am taking back home. For now, the promise I have made to myself is to remain positive in whatever situation arises.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment so I know you visited.

However, any inappropriate comments will be removed.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Copyright Protection