Sunday, June 16, 2013

Write Tribe - 7x7x7x7


7x7x7x7 is the prompt this week at the Write Tribe. 

What is the 7x7x7x7 Writing Prompt?

  1. Grab the 7th book from your bookshelf.
  2. Open it up to page 7.
  3. Pinpoint the 7th sentence on the page.
  4. Begin a poem/a piece of prose that begins with that sentence
  5. Limit it in length to 7 lines/7 sentences.

So here goes ... 

The seventh book on my Kindle bookshelf turns up as: 
"By The River Piedra I Sat Down And Wept" by Paulo Coelho.



And the 7th sentence on the 7th page: 



"But that moment exists - a moment when all the power of the stars becomes a part of us and enables us to perform miracles".  

That is the moment when I know I'm on my way 

That is the moment of sweet aloha

That is the moment when dreams so long denied can flourish

That is the moment when I cross the river in style

That is the moment when my heart is free from all care

That is the moment when harmony and understanding, sympathy and trust abound and the mind is truly liberated.


Credits

When I know I'm on my way - from "This is the moment" Jekyll and Hyde

Of sweet aloha - from "Hawaiian Wedding Song"  Aloha is more than a greeting, it means compassion, peace, affection, mercy. It is a spiritual emotion.

When dreams so long denied can flourish - from "A time for us", theme song of Romeo and Juliet

I cross the river in style - from "Moon River"

My heart is free from all care - from "A Summer Place"

Harmony and understanding, sympathy and trust abound and the mind is truly liberated. - from "Aquarius"



Write Tribe Prompt


May today be the day when your stars are all aligned.

Warm Regards
Photobucket

34 comments:

  1. WOW! This is amazing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow!! That is simply stunning! And what a sentence to have as your 7th :) Looks like all your stars were aligned too ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. how beutifully did u weave them together.. beautfiul!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I love this book, and I love the way you carried forward from that sentence. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ava - one of my favourite books.

      Delete
  5. Very nice. And and interesting challenge!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Carolina HeartStrings - it is a great challenge lots of fun and so many different ways people tackle it.

      Delete
  6. Wow...nicely put together :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. its a great read and the credits too made an interesting piece!

    Richa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Richa. The post wouldn't make sense if you didn't know the songs and the inspiration behind it.

      Delete
  8. Great job on the challenge!!

    kathy
    http://gigglingtruckerswife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Amazing - how you managed to tie these separate ideas together into perfectly coherent and very powerful thoughts and energy.

    Loved it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is beautiful, Suzy. The way that you have weaved different thoughts together. Simple amazing. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kajal, As I started writing the line from the book, the songs kept coming into my mind so that's where I took my post.

      Delete
  11. This is superb, Suzy. You did so much with seven lines - a moment of sweet Aloha...sounds wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Corinne. Oh yes, that moment of sweet aloha will be truly Divine.

      Delete
  12. That's really nice. I THOUGHT some of those lines sounded familiar. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Gary - glad you recognised those lines :)

      Delete
  13. Cool that you could find so many lines that fit into your prompt. Nicely done.

    ......dhole

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Donna - once I started, the songs just kept appearing in my mind.

      Delete
  14. Beautiful lines Suzy.You've taken up the prompt so well

    ReplyDelete
  15. Just amazed by this, Suzy, just amazed . . . Continue to write and inspire, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Martha. I'm humbled by your comment. Blessings to you.

      Delete
  16. This looks like a fun prompt. I'll have to try it.

    http://joycelansky.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment so I know you visited.

However, any inappropriate comments will be removed.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Copyright Protection