Saturday, April 27, 2013

UBC 27 - AtoZ - IX X XI

Day 27  of the Ultimate Blogging Challenge and the letter  X  for the  AtoZ Blogging Challenge.

X is for ...  IX  X  XI

IX - Standard 9 -  The best year in school. 
We had the most awesome class teacher ever - he was the epitome of everything a teacher should be. He was firm but very kind and he made learning fun. 
He was also our English language and literature teacher and "My Family and Other Animals" is a book that is etched in our minds. Literature became one of my favourite subjects because of the way he taught it.
My first crush at school - he was so sweet and cuteness personified. A corner of my heart still belongs to him. I had my first ever school dance with him - the memories of that magical moment never leave.
And I won 3rd prize for Hindi Elocution after making a complete hash of it the year before. 

X - Standard 10 - The Map Room
Our classroom was called the Geography or Map room as it had maps hung everywhere not for decor but storage but it seemed like the maps were for decor!  I think it was the brightest and airiest classroom of all in the whole school.
Our class teacher was our Geography teacher as well. For some unknown reason I was one of her favourite students and hence I scored over 90% in Geography that year. 

XI - Standard 11 - Last year at school
We were the privileged class to have the most coveted classroom tucked away behind the school gym. 
The room had wooden slats in its windows and a birds eye view of the whole school. No one could look into it but it was a vantage point to watch all comings and goings and to alert the class when the teacher walked towards it.
It was sad leaving school - so many wonderful memories and so many friends left behind. But thanks to FB so many are back in touch again.


Here are some pictures of my Standard 9 classroom that I took on my last visit. Such a thrill to go back and find that of the few classrooms that were unlocked, my std 9 class was one of them.

The classroom is back to front now and blackboards replaced by whiteboards 
but otherwise pretty much the same!


my desk - except we faced the other way.


Enjoy this clip from "To Sir With Love" - another awesome movie that brings back a few memories.

 

So grateful for the wonderful memories of an awesome time in school.

Have an eXcellent day.

Warm Regards
Photobucket

42 comments:

  1. This is wonderful! :D I re-lived my times too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Priyanka - they are nice times to re-live.

      Delete
  2. sweet memories
    brought a surge of memories really !
    where did u study ? and those silly crushes we had. I had on one of the sirs too :P
    grt post

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Afshan - I never had a crush on any of my teachers - thankfully :)

      Delete
  3. Such a sweet post. Love the picture of you in the classroom, Suzy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nostalgic tour. I have had the best time in school too and never went back after I left. Your post makes me think of revisiting too :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. School days were great fun - nice memories to re-live.

      Delete
  5. Nostalgia ! what a wonderful take on X!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's interesting that they don't even teach Roman numerals in our schools anymore. The kids have no clue how to read them.

    http://joycelansky.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So true Joyce, they kind of just skim through them here in NZ.

      Delete
  7. Those sure were the days. School and college is spent with the thoughts growing up and starting off in life and when that happens everyone wants to go back !! Xtreme weirdness :D

    PhenoMenon
    https://capturedalive.wordpress.com/2013/04/27/xpicture/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha ture - when we're in school we can't wait to leave and when we leave we want to go back Xtreme weirdness indeed!

      Delete
  8. wow ! that is so wonderful ! and you even made a trip back to your bench :D Superb !

    Geography was also my favorite subject in school :D It fascinated me... that class of yours in my imagination seems so dreamy !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dhiren - that was a unique class - maps all around us!

      Delete
  9. A memorable post. Funny how I never went back to my school.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Janu - I went back after 35 years - we had a mini reunion so a few of us trooped off to see the school again.

      Delete
  10. Lovely nostalgic post though 9-12 were pretty scary for me because of the board exams!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Roshni - agree the exams were pretty scary. Not something I would want to do again.

      Delete
  11. Wow! That was a trip down the memory lane and you went to your school and clicked a pic in class... that's so very awesome!
    Wonderful take on X :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Awww :) Sweet post.
    I used to dislike my school, I still do not like it very much. I am in love with my college though :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Bhavya, I enjoyed my Uni days too.

      Delete
  13. Sweet post! IX n X are my fav classes in school. Ohh!! Made me miss school, it gives so much of warmth even now when in school premises.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Yes, memories... and FB is a great way to keep in touch. Have a great weekend. :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great memories. I love visiting my school too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Talya - going back to those days is so much fun - the moments just flood in.

      Delete
  16. Lovely post! You look nice behind your school desk. I wish I could go back to school.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Cynthia - I wish that too (minus all the exams of course!)

      Delete
  17. Enjoyed reading your nostalgic journey through IX,X and XI :) How lovely it must have been to go back and click that picture in your old classroom!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was Shail - it was such a happy moment.

      Delete
  18. School memories revisited!Enjoyed your 'hut ke' take on X :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. I went back to my school ater more than a decade last year! Haaaa the memories....

    ReplyDelete
  20. Took me back to school days, Suzy! Such carefree fun days..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They sure were Naina - those were the days!

      Delete
  21. You look lovely in the school pic. And your school looks lovely too, with tall, arched windows et al. 90% in Geo? Wonderful. Belated congratulations :)

    Am really happy that FB has brought so many of your friends back to your life. Friendships in your childhood are the most uncomplicated ones, where your pretences never come to the fore.

    Meera

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Meera - the Geography marks were all thanks to the teacher - I did study but I think she was a little more lenient with my marks. It's a really beautiful building (my school) with the old wooden ornate stairs etc. Resembles Hogwarts.

      Delete

Please leave a comment so I know you visited.

However, any inappropriate comments will be removed.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Copyright Protection