Saturday, November 17, 2012

Blog Hop #55 - Half Empty or Half Full


Angela Tjong of Journey of Life is the host for this week for The Writer's Post blog hop

Do you see the glass half empty or half full?

I had to think about this for a while as my first reaction to this was "Of course I see it as half full" after all we need to keep a positive view of life.

But in thinking about this some more, I concluded, for myself, that to maintain a continuous positive outlook on life would not only be impossible but it would make me quite weary as well.

I believe that all things in life must balance and hence sometimes it is necessary to see the glass as half empty.

At work as a project manager I need to view my project in the half empty mode. This helps me plan for worst case scenarios, anticipate issues that could derail my project and take necessary steps to give my project the best chance of success. Taking a half full view would not be advantageous.

Sometime we face circumstances in our life where taking a half full view is simply not possible. There is nothing on earth that will make me view the last hours of my father's life with a half full view. His death for me is a hard loss to bear. I miss him everyday. I have an acceptance of his death but for me there is no positive outcome from his passing. For that the glass will always be half empty for me as he has left a void in my life that is hard to fill.

Living by and large with a positive outlook on life of course makes life infinitely easier to journey through.
But in all honesty, I really don't analyse - when it's necessary to take the half empty view I do that and then move on.

Wishing you all a peaceful life

Warm Regards
Photobucket


16 comments:

  1. I do agree. In some cases we can't look at things 'half full,' simply can't.
    I have also lost my father when I was teenager. But looking back, I am glad that he was gone. He was suffering and I just didn't want him to suffer further. At the same, I miss him a lot and somehow still feel like he is here with me--in my heart. (http://journeyofmylifendestiny.blogspot.com/2012/06/until-next-life.html)

    Love your take on this prompt. Thank you for linked up, Suzy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Angela. He is definitely with you as my dad is with me. Nice prompt and enjoyed writing on it.

      Delete
  2. Excellent point. No ifs, ands or buts about it, sometimes the glass is indeed half empty.. I miss my dad too.. Every moment of every day..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks MMM. Just the fact that we miss our dads every moment of every day tells me how awesome and wonderful they were. And therefore we are so blessed. Thanks for dropping by.

      Delete
  3. I like what you said about seeing the glass half empty sometimes to prepare for worst-case scenarios. Makes perfect sense!
    Although both my parents are alive, I sometimes am filled with dread about their passing. I understand how difficult it must be for you when you miss your Dad.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Corinne. Losing a parent is a hard thing to bear. I'm so glad I spent all my years with my dad - I believe that I was blessed with a beautiful gift from God.

      Delete
  4. That's a good way to look at it, not choosing one or the other, just accepting both in life. Kudos!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Adelia. I think life has ups and downs and it's this pattern that makes our life worthwhile and fulfilling. Thanks for visiting.

      Delete
  5. Good job and I wish I could do the half empty now and then. I'm just not so good at doing that.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I liked what you said about this half-full/half-empty principle. And while it's quite different from my usual take on it, it does make sense to prepare ourselves for the worst.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Anne. I loved your take on it too. Half empty - half full, both are necessary. A coin has 2 sides too. Thanks for visiting.

      Delete
  7. Your post brought tears to my eyes. Surviving your parent's deaths is not easy. It is devastating. But time does help...and it does take time. During those years after my folks died my cup was half empty. As my life has moved on I have finally found peace...and now can look at everything with my glass half full which is blessing in itself. Great post!!

    Kathy
    http://gigglingtruckerswife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so sweet Kathy. Thanks for your very kind words and encouragement.

      Delete
  8. what a wonderful insight and a different perspective on life..

    glass is half full.. but it is half empty as well..

    just loved it...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Deepak. Glad you liked it. I truly believe that balance in all things is the key to life.

      Delete

Please leave a comment so I know you visited.

However, any inappropriate comments will be removed.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Copyright Protection