Saturday, September 8, 2012

GBE2 - Déjà Vu


The year was 1987, the place was Mumbai, India. 

I had a strange dream.

I dreamt that one morning when I woke up I saw an entire street covered in snow - the roofs of the houses all white.

This was a very strange dream as there were no little houses in my street in Mumbai and it never snows there. In fact it's never cold there - I am of course comparing the cold to New Zealand for cold is quite subjective  And the little houses or the street that I saw certainly didn't exist anywhere in Mumbai.

And so the dream was stored away in the tiny compartments of my brain and forgotten.


The year was 2011, the place was Wellington, New Zealand and a bitterly cold winter. 

It snowed all over New Zealand right down to sea level. I moved to Wellington in 1988 and in my 24 years here the 2011 snowfall was the first ever. In fact it was the first down to sea level in 50 years.

I stood in my garden ready to click the pictures when I had this strange sensation come over me and my mind went zooming back to that dream in Mumbai.

For the scene before me was just like that dream back then.

Was this Déjà Vu?  Or was that Déjà Vu as well? 

Here's the picture I took that day that was just like the scene in my dream.



It was but yesterday we met in a dream.
If in the twilight of memory we should meet once more, 
We shall speak again together and you shall sing to me a deeper song.

~ Khalil Gibran, The Prophet (my favourite book of all time)



Linking to the GBE2 prompt "Déjà Vu"


Have a dreamy day.

Warm Regards
Photobucket


22 comments:

  1. Precognition and deja vu ... fascinating subjects

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Phoenixritu. They sure are - fascinating and mystical.

      Delete
  2. Those moments are amazing aren't they. They leave you pondering all the possibilities. Did you see the future? Was the future parallel to the past? Did you manifest it? When we dream where do we go? Fascinating subject. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kama. They truly are and all of those questions keep buzzing around in my head. Thanks so much for visiting and commenting.

      Delete
  3. woah..deep calls unto deep...i SO love this...intimacy joining, what you couldn't know as a child you now embrace! SO COOL! WHITE like the snow in all its purity :0)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Brenda. Yes so true, the mystical is very deep.

      Delete
  4. I certainly LOVE this post! And oh,those lines of Khalil, simply beautiful and takes me to another world.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Feathered Pen. Khalil Gibran is an awesome poet - so spiritual. Those lines take me to another world too.

      Delete
  5. So strange and interesting the way dreams and deja vu work. I have always found it fascinating, have had several instances similar to your experience, usually to do with people and places.Loved this post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jan. Yes, I am fascinated by this too. Sometimes it's quite scary and sometimes it's exciting. Appreciate your visit.

      Delete
  6. Such moments make us feel that someone above was truly trying to give us some signal...beautiful post!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Me. Yes, I see it that way too - signals from above. Unfortunately we often dismiss them as nothing. :)

      Delete
  7. Wow, that is really eerie and cool. I would say yes, that it was deja vu because you had been there before in your subconscious.

    Kathy
    http://gigglingtruckerswife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kathy. It is quite spooky. But luckily this was a nice spooky.

      Delete
  8. What a beautiful picture, I have had those dejavu dreams many times and how no answers what could be meanings behind it all, I am glad you have the photo to remind you of a mystery :) have a blessing of a weekend

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Janice. I often get these dreams too and try to find the meaning. I've been told that someday the meanings will be clear. Enjoy your weekend too.

      Delete
  9. Bizarre how these things happen. Great story and photo!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lee, yes pretty bizarre - are we in the past or was I seeing the future?

      Delete
  10. Wow! De Jevu in reverse! Great insight in to the topic! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Beachlover. Do future and past collide? Deja vu is always an interesting topic to explore.

      Delete
  11. ~ Khalil Gibran, The Prophet (my favourite book of all time)

    A friend, who passed 3 1/2 years ago, gave me this little book as a gift because he always felt Khalil spoke to his soul. I couldn't agree more. The little book is a very dear possession of mine now both for the poems that speak also to me and because my friend knew that and shared Khalil with me.

    Great post, so well written and causes each of us to think about the possibilities of how or why or even if...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jo. Khalil Gibran definitely speaks to my soul. I can always find a verse in The Prophet for every situation in my life. I think your friend left you the best gift ever. Another poet that speaks to my soul is Rumi.
      Glad you liked my post. Thank you my lovely friend for always dropping by and for your encouragement.

      Delete

Please leave a comment so I know you visited.

However, any inappropriate comments will be removed.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Copyright Protection