Friday, April 6, 2012

ABC Wednesday - Round 10 - L is for ...



This was an easy one.
Love is such a delicious sentiment.
So here they are some of my favourite "Love" songs





Number 1 on my list today is
Love me tonight - Tom Jones
I love this song.
Lyrics of this song were written by Barry Mason, Daniele Pace, Mario Panzeri and Lorenzo Pilat.
Released in 1969.

Rel
Youtube - Love me tonight



I just loved the Bee Gees so here are some of their songs that I enjoyed

Love You Inside Out
Written by Maurice, Robin and Barry Gibb and released in April 1979 (33 years ago) it was the ninth and final number one hit for the Bee Gees in the US.
It was their sixth consecutive number one single. (The only other group to achieve this was The Beatles).
It was the third consecutive single from their album "Spirits Having Flown", which followed three consecutive number one singles from their previous album "Saturday Night Fever". No other artist has had three consecutive singles from two successive albums.

I always feel like dancing when I hear this song.


Youtube - Love you inside out


and my favourite Bee Gees number ...


How deep is your Love
Written by the Gibb brothers, it was recorded and released by them in 1977.
It was originally intended for Yvonne Elliman and was used as the soundtrack to the film "Saturday Night Fever".
It was a number 3 hit in the UK and Australia and topped the Billboard Hot 100 on 24 December 1977.
The song was ranked #366 on the Rolling Stone's list of the 500 Greatest Songs of All Time.


Youtube - How deep is your love

Sometime ago I posted one of my favourite love songs on my post on love songs. So check that out as it sums up (for me) that exhilarating feeling that comes from love. Love Story - Where do I begin.


And to wrap up this post, here is an old classic sung by the unforgettable Nat King Cole

L-O-V-E
is a jazz song written by Bert Kaempfert and Mitt Gabler for Nat King Cole's 1965 album L-O-V-E.
It was the last album released before his death in 1965.
Several artists have sung this song including Natalie Cole, his daughter, and Michael Buble.

Something about the beat makes it appealing and unforgettable.


Youtube - L-O-V-E

Check out some other L entries at ABC Wednesday

Sending and wishing you tons of love today and everyday.

Warm Regards
Photobucket


6 comments:

  1. Must say that Nat's song is my favorite of the bunch.

    ROG, ABC Wednesday team

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Roger. Great sentiments in that song. I like it too.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thanks dreamysap for your comment and for dropping by

      Delete
  3. Love is a great L word. Good post for love. Carver, ABC Wednesday Team

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Carver. Love is a great emotion. :)

      Delete

Please leave a comment so I know you visited.

However, any inappropriate comments will be removed.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Copyright Protection