Wednesday, December 21, 2011

ABC Wednesday and GBE2 - W is for Wonder

and for "The Way" as shown by Winnie the Pooh in the  "Tao of Pooh"

       "When you wake up in the morning, Pooh," said Piglet at last, "what's the first thing
         you say to yourself?"
       "What's for breakfast?" said Pooh. "What do you say, Piglet?"
       "I say, I wonder what's going to happen exciting today?" said Piglet.
       Pooh nodded thoughtfully. "It's the same thing," he said.


And I wondered what I should write for the W prompt at ABC Wednesday and the Wonder prompt at GBE2.

Combining the two for this post, seemed to be the wise thing to do.

Then as I frantically wildly searched for something, Winnie the Pooh from the "Tao of Pooh" kept jumping out at me.

The "Tao of Pooh" written by Benjamin Hoffman is an introduction to the eastern belief of Taoism or "The Way" (Tao of Pooh Wikipedia)

Winnie the Pooh was well-selected to describe "The Way", as the essence of it, (as I understand it) is the simplicity of it all, wonderfully summed up in the book with ...

         While Eeyore frets
         .... and Piglet hesitates
         .... and Rabbit calculates
         .... and Owl pontificates
         Pooh just is

Winnie the Pooh's ability to see things calmly and simplistically, and stay in the present is the essence of "The Way". And that in turn allows us to discover and witness the wonders of life. Life was not meant to be wearisome and wasted but enjoyable, wieldy and effortless.

      "Just How do you do it, Pooh?"
      "Do What?" asked Pooh.
      "Become so Effortless."
      "I don't do much of anything," he said.
      "But all those things of yours get done."
      "They just sort of happen," he said.

And as I worried and wildly searched for something to write about, I also wished and hoped that this post too would just sort of happen. Perhaps I should pick up the book again and read the words in it, learn the wisdom of "The Way".

It would be a welcome break to simplify life like Winnie the Pooh and live in the Wonder of it all.

And to wrap up this post, I wish you all the most Wonderful Christmas and a white one if it's Winter where you are.

And as we are now on the topic of Christmas ... enjoy "Walking in a Winter Wonderland"



(from youtube)

Warm Regards
Photobucket





9 comments:

  1. Never realized how instinctive WISE Pooh was!
    Merry Christmas to you.
    ROG, ABC Wednesday team

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Pooh and his wise words and insights...
    Wishing you a happy holiday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nicely done! Or should I say Wow, wonderful word collection? cracking myself up
    Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have to say, Pooh is one of the wisest ever. Well done...

    ReplyDelete
  5. The simplest of truths are often the most significant. Pooh is a very wise little bear.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the "Tao of Pooh", it is a great book and truly about wonder.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks pbquig. I loved the book too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello.
    WoW! You're quite the whiz!
    Enjoyable post.
    Thanks for sharing.

    A Woman's Poverty

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment so I know you visited.

However, any inappropriate comments will be removed.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Copyright Protection