Sunday, October 30, 2011

Two Wolves

A friend posted this story on Facebook and it was so good, I thought I would share it with all of you.

Two Wolves - a Cherokee story












One evening an old Cherokee told his grandson about a battle that goes on inside people.

He said, "My son, the battle is between two wolves inside us all."

"One is Evil - It is anger, envy, jealousy, sorrow, regret, greed, arrogance, self-pity, guilt, resentment, inferiority, lies, false pride, superiority, and ego."

"The other is Good - It is joy, peace, love, hope, serenity, humility, kindness, benevolence, empathy, generosity, truth, compassion, and faith."

The grandson thought about it for a minute and then asked his grandfather" "Which wolf wins?"

The old Cherokee simply replied, "The one you feed."


I love this story. The way in which it is told is so effective.

Such a good reminder to keep our thoughts positive and that what we "feed' we create.

This is a good follow up to a previous post of mine Buddha - Our Thoughts

I am also always blown away by the answers I get from the Universe. Just this afternoon my thoughts began to spiral downwards. And then along comes this post on Facebook. Just perfect to get me out of a bad space and back into a happy one.

Have a happy day.

Warm Regards




Linking this to Inspiration Friday #39

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment so I know you visited.

However, any inappropriate comments will be removed.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Copyright Protection