Thursday, June 30, 2011

Thursday Thoughts - Some Moments Repeat Themselves










A Warrior of the Light knows that certain moments repeat themselves. 
I've been through this before, he says to his heart.
But you have never been beyond it, replies his heart.
Then the Warrior realizes that these repeated experiences have but one aim: to teach him what he does not want to learn.


I truly believe that life provides you with the same experiences until the lesson is learned or until you have been beyond it (as per the quote above).

I have battled with my weight ever since I can remember. I am not overly overweight, and I am actually healthy and fit, but I always felt that if I lost some weight, I would look and feel better

Unfortunately that path of thinking leads to disappointment, frustration, guilt and it robs me of the enjoyment of things.

Looking back over the years and my journey with the weight thing, I find that as soon as I get to a point where I really start to feel like I'm winning this battle, something comes along to sabotage my efforts and send me back a few steps.

So perhaps I am meant to remain the size I am and perhaps because I remain that size I am motivated to continue with my exercise routine, which allows me to remain fit and in good health.

So now I walk, go to the gym, zumba and karate, no longer with the motive of losing weight and looking fabulous but with the sheer enjoyment of doing what I find exhilarating and to keep myself healthy and fit. The weight loss is a bonus. If it happens great, if it doesn't, I still feel good.

I am now beyond it.


Check out my other post on the same topic:  The Lesson Must Be Learned




No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment so I know you visited.

However, any inappropriate comments will be removed.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Copyright Protection